Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default highly unrecommend samsung phones

i got a samsung mobile about a year ago for something different and i'll never ever do it again. here are some of the things wrong with it.

keys are slow to react to presses.
    keys are too far apart for quick messaging.
    menu sometimes slow to react.
    time sometimes doesn't update if not opened for a few hrs.
    when i try to turn it off, usually automatically turns itself back on.
    can't sync with laptop.

and as of today.
    4 times out of 5 i cannot turn bluetooth on.

totaly piece of crap and i'll be going back to nokia or sony ericson asap. might even switch back to my old phone while my contract expires.

I used to have a Samsung and it was the worst phone I ever had.. Switched to Motorolla and I can't say that they are too much better... but I haven't had TOO many problems with it... I think I'll go back to Nokia though.
    Macbook Pro - 15" - C2D 2.33ghz - 2gig Ram

I have had two Samsung Phones. Both have been extremely good phones in my opinion, sorry you scored a dud!
    "I want to lie, Shipwrecked and comotose, drinking fresh Mango Juice'.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Perhaps it is just that it is a crummy low end phone? Surely their higher end feature rich $600+ phones aren't this bad? I have no idea of course, but that could just be it. The amount of times I've heard people damn a company's products because they used the most horrible model they produce has been astounding.
    That said, don't think I'm some kind of Samsung mobile reseller or supporter. I own a Palm smartphone.
    If it is hidden, it is the flower - Zeami, Noh playwright

no when i got this phone it was being advertised as the competition to the razr. it was their 3G best at the time. but compared to the alternative that was offered to me on the same plan, a nokia n70, there is no comparison. i have played with both since and my crappy samsung is exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by supermans_alter_ego View Post
    no when i got this phone it was being advertised as the competition to the razr. it was their 3G best at the time. but compared to the alternative that was offered to me on the same plan, a nokia n70, there is no comparison. i have played with both since and my crappy samsung is exactly that.
    Mines the Z510 Love it! Great phone.

www.barcoasters.com.au

Ah okay, cool. Just had to be sure :P

Too bad with that. If Palm weren't going down the proverbial shitter I'd advise getting a newer model Treo...but...well...and they are....so....nevermind.
    If it is hidden, it is the flower - Zeami, Noh playwright

Quote Originally Posted by silverdreamer View Post
    Mines the Z510 Love it! Great phone.
    silver dreamer, thats the phone i have. maybe i just got a dodgy one. but yeah i find it slow and not really very friendly. looks ok. but given the list is growing of things on it that work when they feel like it, i'm not very impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by supermans_alter_ego View Post
    silver dreamer, thats the phone i have. maybe i just got a dodgy one. but yeah i find it slow and not really very friendly. looks ok. but given the list is growing of things on it that work when they feel like it, i'm not very impressed.
    All I can say Dude, is sorry you got a Dud!

www.barcoasters.com.au

1MB of RAM isn't enough to run a phone.

have had 2 Samsung phones - yeah they been ok.

had a few Moto's - they've been pretty good too.

yet when I got hold of a Sony-Ericsson I realised wot I'd been missing!

great software - easy to use - fast - also clear sound in & out.
    (that is to say, I can hear other callers and they can hear me clearly.)

currently have the w880i - what a pearler

astr0b0y Guest

Highly recommend a thesaurus

Quote Originally Posted by astr0b0y View Post
    The Oxford American Thesaurus doesn't actually have any antonyms for "recommend" - that's the one built in to OSX.

Just in case you were wondering :o

and a smiley substitutes for a full stop? :P

nicwithsticks Guest

I was a Nokia boy before switching to Sony Ericsson three years ago. If the iPhone isn't my next phone, it will be a Nokia. My first Sony died just shy of its two year birthday, and my current phone is the supposedly good K800i - that has broken 3 times in the first 10 months.

theasaurus says (confucius' brother)

'pearler - valuable thing offered or given to people who do not appreciate them'

I had a Samsung T100 - it was GREAT.

Now have a cheaper... um... some other Samsung phone... can't complain about it either...
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

My fiance has the Samsung SGH-e420.

Apart from getting used to the SMS interface she loves it.

Trades: Clockwork, applecollector, Amzy, Brains, chris, samuelclarke, mrldigitalmedia
    Link: http://www.lifeinplasticpants.com/2003/07/12/index.html

Samsung did make the Matrix Reloaded phone. I've got one, but unfortunately it's CDMA and locked to Sprint in the US.

Sorry to hear your negative Samsung experience. I'd love to say I disagree with you, but from my experience and for what I expected from a quality phone, the two Samsung Z510's I played with just didn't make it through the first day (bluetooth issues, random crashes, memory constraints, UI slowdowns, bad sync support etc).

Each brand has their hits and misses. I was originally an Ericsson user (T37), then went to Nokia with the 8810, then from Nokia to SonyEricsson when the T68/ T68i came out (now that was a flawed yet revolutionary phone), and stayed away from Nokia for a long time (what I call the "Toyota days" ie whilst their phones worked, they got boring, lacked features, proprietary interfaces and crummy software - both in phone and desktop sync).

Along the way i got attached to the clamshell design (I was always a candy bar person before), so when SE decided to focus on candy bars again to the detriment of their clamshells they lost me to Motorola (with the V3x, then V3xx). Motorola have alot to learn on user interface design and I think Samsung fits there too. Hardware is good but software in the phone is still non-intuitive.

Now I'm back on Nokia with the N95. Not a clamshell but a "slider" which isn't a bad compromise. Still a slightly flawed product (I need to manage my usage to ensure I have adequate battery power when I need it), but by far the best mobile phone/device I have ever owned. Nokia got almost everything right in this handset, learning from their early day mistakes.
    Industry standard microSD - check
    Industry standard miniUSB - check
    Full featured bluetooth - check
    3.5mm stereo headset plug - check
    Good Windows and Mac support - check

But again - not the right phone for everyone - just those that need or want what it can do.

Over the years I've used a phone from almost every major mobile phone manufacturer out there, and the main thing that I have learned is that one person may be happy with a Sagem (I don't know how, but hey), whilst another needs a High End Symbian or Windows Mobile phone.

The main thing everyone seems to agree on is that we're not quite there yet with UI design and ease of use, but we get closer every day. I watch with anticipation how Apple progress with the iPhone. It's not right for me yet (I want 3G HSDPA, MMS, Vibrate, expandable memory, full bluetooth) but I think they are on the right track.

Regards,
    Shane.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast