Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

This problem has only started in the last hour.

The tackpad on my ibook G4 will freeze or stall, and then come back to life after 5 seconds or so. This problem also totally freezed my computer before, which i had to manually restart the the iBook.

Should i take it in to be looked at at an Apple Centre, i cleaned the pad yesterday, using some non alcholic LCD screen wipes, but every other time i have done this, there has no been a problem, only when i got my ibook out of slepp this morning.

Any help or ideas would be great

Thanks!

I've had that problem with my iBook G3.
    I never did anything about it, though it was annoying, I had bigger problems with it (ie logic board) and now its getting replaced.

Also, it only happened once every couple of weeks, and it was impossible to reproduce so I decided against taking it in to be looked at.

Sounds like a possibility of corrupt PRAM settings - more unusual things have happened when the PRAM has fone awry. Hold down -option-P-R immediately at startup and keep these keys held down until you hear three chimes.

- Does an external mouse work when this happens?

JB

I have never used an exteral mouse with my iBook, so i dont really know.

I will try out one in the morning. I am buying one of thos Stark Mouses by Microsoft tomorow, so when i get theat i will let you know how i get on.

I have degressed the trackpad speed, and that has seemed to fix the problem.. for now.

anyone know what could the problem of been??

-Aaron