Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
    Something I think worth following up for the future is an issue of who is responsible where a machine is faulty, yet an authorised repair agent fails to correctly repair the machine or possibly damages it further.
    Sometimes when a part is fixed, it shows a fault in a different part... can't soley be placed on the repair agent, but it is worth looking in to.

Gave the Mac another try just now, same shit. Damn it stinks. Something really went pear shaped inside it.

Don't.

Just call Apple and ask them to replace your machine entirely.

Hi Marty. I hope yuo are feeling better.
    I had similar problems with a different reseller in Melbourne. After the third 'repair' to my MBP, I spoke to Apple. But Apple didn't want to replace it, as it wasn't their fault - which is fair enough.
    So I sent a well documented and thorough account of all the problems to the Resellers Technical Support Manager, demanding the store replace my MBP, as I had no confidence in their ability to fix it. They obliged.
    I suggest you may want to think about that option. Be sure to be polite, firm demanding and have a good complete account of everything that happened.
    Good luck.
    .sig

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut View Post
    Don't.

Just call Apple and ask them to replace your machine entirely.
    but please be nice and calm.. as no one helps an angry person (easy said - as yet I'd be loosing it by now!!)
    My Mountain Bike Blog

Sweet trades simo, avolve, Jedda, zmit, ryano (x2), emerson, Nevets_Anderson, cbennie, step_andy and more...

Agreed.

I'm on the phone to Apple at the moment. I have no reason to be angry at Apple, besides which, I'm always calm and professional.

Here's hoping. *crosses fingers*

Good luck, dude. I found Apple staff to be great.
    .sig

Apple wanted a complete service history due to their internal records not reflecting what I was informed was replaced. As MyMac don't seem to have a complete customer friendly one yet and due to some secrecy with internal parts/orders/notes/etc I put MyMac in touch with the senior service engineer I spoke with. They're swapping recipes at the moment.

Hopefully this gets somewhere. :/

Have you got a record of everything that you've been told by MyMac? With dates, times and names?
    Put all this into a letter, send it to the MyMac service manager, and CC yr Apple rep. State that it is not acceptable service, and demand a replacement. Not a repair, as they have already shown their inability to repair.

That is my suggestion. I hope you get a good result from this, as I know how much it sucks to be where you are. I can PM you the letter I sent, if you're interested. PM me...
    .sig

Quote Originally Posted by gringo View Post
    Have you got a record of everything that you've been told by MyMac? With dates, times and names?
    Put all this into a letter, send it to the MyMac service manager, and CC yr Apple rep. State that it is not acceptable service, and demand a replacement. Not a repair, as they have already shown their inability to repair.

That is my suggestion. I hope you get a good result from this, as I know how much it sucks to be where you are. I can PM you the letter I sent, if you're interested. PM me...
    PM Sent. Also, No, not a precise record, just the important bits such as what was being replaced.

Well, MyMac is busy compiling their report for Apple, so in the meanwhile I'm going to give the laptop back to them seeing as it's dead. Not much I can do with a $2400 paperweight.

Well, some news. I took the laptop back into MyMac with the laptop being dead and the superdrive being boned. In addition, the top case still needed to be replaced and the serial number entered into the notebook. So there it resides pending repair... again.

Nathan who is from Apple Service whom I spoke to earlier is looking into the matter for me. I'm not holding my breath.

I had a service summary created for me by Matt from MyMac which I've linked below (yes, I edited out some bits):

Quote Originally Posted by iMarty View Post
    So there it resides pending repair... again.
    If this isn't good enough for you, why put up with it? Demand a replacement.

I for one am already discouraged from shopping with this mob for not offering you a replacement already.

Pretty average customer service, imho.

Edit: What's the 1.2 gig file here: http://www.mymac.com.au/ ?
    [B]| Flickr | blog | MacTalk Podcaster | Official PM-Bid Hater #1

Quote Originally Posted by arkenstone View Post
    If this isn't good enough for you, why put up with it? Demand a replacement.

I for one am already discouraged from shopping with this mob for not offering you a replacement already.

Pretty average customer service, imho.

Edit: What's the 1.2 gig file here: http://www.mymac.com.au/ ?

I can demand and bitch and scream all I like, ultimately it's up to them. I don't think it's going to help with anything. The proceedings have only just begun with Apple investigating my issues. I doubt anyone is going to do anything to help me out though. The initial response from Apple (Senior Apple Engineer Nathan) was for MyMac to proceed with the repairs.

MyMac aren't going to want to give me a new computer, because, realistically they're out a computer then. Apple will be the same. Profit profit profit. It's all companies care about. Once they have your money, they just want you out the door.

Their website is http://www.mymacaustralia.com.au/ - I've no idea what the other one is.

I really really feel for you... recently, I had my Powerbook replaced because, after the battery exchange, my Powerbook actually MELTED. Service from MyMac had and has been absolutely terrible. Furthermore, one of their staff (or possibly more) has breached customer confidentiality (dare I even insinuate they used information on my Powerbook while it was with them?). Would anyone here have the actual name and contact of the owner of MyMac in Melbourne? I need this ridiculous thing to end now.

Quote Originally Posted by milmil View Post
    I really really feel for you... recently, I had my Powerbook replaced because, after the battery exchange, my Powerbook actually MELTED. Service from MyMac had and has been absolutely terrible. Furthermore, one of their staff (or possibly more) has breached customer confidentiality (dare I even insinuate they used information on my Powerbook while it was with them?). Would anyone here have the actual name and contact of the owner of MyMac in Melbourne? I need this ridiculous thing to end now.
    Oh my.

This is just getting ridiculous!! I haven't had such bad service in my life! and i can't believe the audacity of the staff there! Anyway, iMarty, that's what the MyMac staff said to me too - that they doubt i'll get a replacement computer. But I did anyway. So from a Powerbook, I'm now using a new black Macbook. Actual Apple staff in Sydney are much much nicer and way more helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by milmil View Post
    Actual Apple staff in Sydney are much much nicer and way more helpful.
    Here's hoping. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by iMarty View Post
    I can demand and bitch and scream all I like, ultimately it's up to them.
    urgh. imagine if all consumers were like you.

Macbooks would be $999,999,999,999 each and no-one in the country would own a car.

Don't like the service? Complain. learn your rights. Write a written complaint. You've had the thing THREE MONTHS and you don't expect a replacement?

I'm floored by your apathy. Seriously. Praps you deserve to go through all this bullshit if you really are at the whim, beck and call of your retailer.

Forgive me if I seem harsh, but you're really fucking /yourself/ over, noone else.

I'm bowing out of this thread here. I'm just too shocked to bother continuing. Praps the world is flat where you are, too.
    [B]| Flickr | blog | MacTalk Podcaster | Official PM-Bid Hater #1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast