Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Question TPG Usage Widget?

A while back iSlayer announced he was working on a TPG usage widget on Whirlpool but nothing ever came of it....i'm happy to be the beta boy if it can still happen

Me too.. re beta testing..

in the meantime you can use Launch!TPG
    Successful Trades: krazy1, Astr0b0y, soulman, areal, smdnetau, Huy, Alessiman, step_andy, tibook, mulquemi, BoxDog, Devski, The Keddi, decryption

Sorry... we did have plans at one point, but were distracted by some other shiny things.

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Sorry... we did have plans at one point, but were distracted by some other shiny things.
    And we love those but after such a long wait can the spotlight be put back on a usage widget?

The big issue with doing usage widgets etc, is that they usually require screen scraping to work. Ie. they're inherently hacky by nature = not too much fun to do and they can break at any time, even if you've done a great job.

If someone else wants to make a TPG usage meter, then I can probably knock up some nice graphics.

astr0b0y Guest

Widget? No, a real app would be better (no offence Widget devs). Check out Ration development at www.blargsoft.com which is currently (still! read this Jedda) in private beta but moving along slowly but surely.

That looks promising.

So have you tried this one?

Yes I have.

Quote Originally Posted by astr0b0y View Post
    Widget? No, a real app would be better (no offence Widget devs). Check out Ration development at www.blargsoft.com which is currently (still! read this Jedda) in private beta but moving along slowly but surely.
    Ah yes! I was trying to remember the name of the app (Ration) when I posted.

Looks like a very promising app.

Quote Originally Posted by astr0b0y View Post
    That looks fantastic any idea when there will be a public beta?

Quote Originally Posted by frank_t View Post
    That looks fantastic any idea when there will be a public beta?
    He stated in the next week or two it would be opened for more testers
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

Well after sending him a e-mail saying i'm keen to be a beta tester he replied back saying he would add me to the beta list and now it's out in beta nothing.

http://www.blargsoft.com/ration/

I'm sent many e-mails and messages from MacTalk with no replies at all now :-(