Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

View Poll Results: Will you upgrade to Leopard?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

188 88.68%
  • No

14 6.60%
  • Undecided

10 4.72%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Joe90 Guest

Default Will you upgrade to Leopard?

Will you be upgrading to OS X Leopard when it's released?

Is there enough in it to entice you to splash the cash?

I have to for work purposes so yes!

Trades: Clockwork, applecollector, Amzy, Brains, chris, samuelclarke, mrldigitalmedia
    Link: http://www.lifeinplasticpants.com/2003/07/12/index.html

Yep....
    "The need is not for, say, half a million -inch drill bits. The need is that there are ten million -inch holes that need to be drilled." - Robert Noyce
    www.nickforge.com

This has been asked before, and the answer is yes

YES I WILL

it's sooo cheap to upgrade [if it's priced anywhere like last time], it seems silly not to*.. might wait a bit to see if any wrinkles need to be ironed out though..

and yes, i'll be getting the Ultimate edition..

*well, not silly, my wife is still on 10.3 and happy not to change.. but for me i like to see what's new and improved..
    [infinite::resolution]

fuckin oath! gonna get the ultimate edition

Joe90 Guest

Quick Look is the selling point for me. I can see that forming the frontend of my image library.

Stacks are a pretty cool idea. Handy for projects.

Might sound silly, but I'm seriously considering the enterprise edition, if I go crazy and decide to go all out ultimate may suit.
    2.66ghz MacBook Pro i7, 23" Apple Cinema Display.

Joe90 Guest

I guess from the reactions so far that no-one wants to be the only kid in the street without an ice-cream. [Flashes of Eddie Murphy]

Ha, I spend more time with older MacOSes (6.0.2, 8.6), hell I've not bothered to move to 10.4 ... nothing there I need, the same applies with 10.5.

(That makes me the second 'no' vote )

B.

Xcode 3. Enough said.

bushfire Guest

i don't use half the shit on 10.4 why do i need more shit messing up my day.

I would like to, but I'm not sure how it'd run on my DP500MHz G4 (Tiger currently runs beautifully, though I do have 1.5gb RAM, a SATA RAID, better video card etc...)

Would probably buy a headless iMac tower if Apple brought one out (ie: power of an iMac, in a tower form-factor), but until then, good old "Tank" will do me nicely.

Cheers,
    - Febs.
    "Woz, we need blue boxes not computers." (Steve Jobs).

The new finder is a major selling point for me. Spaces will be useful.

Time machine would be great on a Mac used as a file server .... I wonder if there will also be a command line interface to time machine. The time machine blurb doesn't provide any info on this sort of interface.
    ------------------
    iPad WiFi + 3G 16GB, iPhone 4 32GB Black, iPhone 3G 16GB Black
    macBook 2.4 GHz (unibody), 2GB RAM, Apple TV 2

Yep, I'll probably upgrade sometime in october....

I want coverflow in my finder..... and i'm dying for Time Machine....
    15" 2.4GHz C2D (Penryn) MBP 4Gb RAM, Pismo, 80Gb iPod Classic
    -----------------
    Successful Trades: Simo, mulquemi(x2), carlow1, hmc

I was completely underwhelmed by Jobs' keynote the other day. If they were the 10 best features then they've truly run out of ideas. I'd expect that perhaps they want to keep under wraps some of the top features, but to present those shown at 10 of the best left me wanting more.

I found Stacks within the dock a good feature, especially for things like applications where we have a trillion!

I am not impressed, however, by the pseudo 3d dock and its reflective surface. What did this add. I am also not impressed by the Finder iTunes-like new view, seriously what use is this? I think Timeline is a cool feature, but I hate that they've gone tacky and done the whole space scene behind - looks so amateurish.

I had thought before this they'd perhaps make this release an Mac OS X 11.0, I now think 10.5 is appropriate.

One final thing, totally loved Jobs' piss take of the Vista versions and that each version of Mac OS Leopard will be US$129. haha.

i dunno, i was sitting there thinking 'wow' at most of those features, cover flow looks amazing.

so does time machine for that matter...but sometimes i think apple goes overboard with the flashy graphics.

will i upgrade to leopard? only if i can get a macbook for under a grand (fire sale, im looking at you) by the time its released
    Apple MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo T7600, 2gb RAM, 160gb HDD, 15.4" Glossy WXGA+, ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 256mb
    Acer TravelMate 6292 Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2gb RAM, 250gb HDD, Intel GMA X3100, 12.1" WXGA
    Gaming Tower Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450, 4gb DDR2-1066mhz Corsair Dominator RAM, Gigabyte EP45-DQ6, 3 x 1TB HDDs, HIS Radeon HD4870 512mb

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast