Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: Movie2iTunes

Default Movie2iTunes

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I stumbled upon a great program on the weekend called Movie2iTunes.

It allows you to import AVI's and other movie formats into iTunes. It works by importing an alias of the file, so you do not actually have to import the whole AVI into iTunes, which saves HD space and means I only have one copy instead of duplicates on each machine.

With a few add-ons to Quicktime, I am now able to import AVI movies from my Mac Mini HD to my Macbooks iTunes in seconds, which is a huge improvement on having to convert the file with VisualHub then importing the file into iTunes.

Check it out.
    D.

Sounds interesting, think I might check it out. Thanks

I also made similar program, but with imporvements!!

Check it out - my first applescripr applet!

tvshowtoitunes - Google Code

You can do the same with Quicktime from memory. When you open an avi in QT go to Save As and choose Save as Reference File. Then just import the reference file to iTunes.

Yes you can do similar with QT Pro, but I end up with 2 files (the AVI and the M4V) and then I add the M4V into iTunes

Here's a lazylink

Looks like it cuts out the duplicate process. It'll put it straight into iTunes.

I have done similar in the past, though from memory the drawback was these files will not play over a shared library/Front row on another computer on the network — has anyone tried this?

If my memory serves me correctly, this was the limitation...

HELP please.
    New appletv owner here struggling with getting movies to the atv. Thought this prog was the answer to my prayers.

I've tried Movie2iTunes and it creates the .mov file and puts it in itunes. Itunes says it can't sync it to atv as atv doesn't recognise the format.

Has anyone used this method. I don't particularly want to export all my movies etc using Quicktime as that takes however long each movie is to export. Month of Sunday's.

Thanks for any advice.

Drifting dry's down current lanes.