Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: 5G iPod help

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my iPod randomly skipping ahead to the next track midway through a song. It plays normally, then at some random point it just jumps ahead as though I've pressed next.

The problem is not with the mp3 file itself - if I go back to the skipped song it plays all the way through as normal. It happens with tracks I've encoded myself, tracks I've downloaded, tracks from iMS. It occurs approximately once per hour of listening.

I've tried the 5 R's as suggested on the Apple site - it's even happened both before and after I reformatted the iPod from Windows to Mac.

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you fix it?

If it needs to be replaced, and since I've heard horror stories about dealing directly with Apple, is it possible to take it to a reseller for replacement?

It's a 5G iPod, less than a year old and still in warranty (luckily for me).

yes I have had this issue its comman when you try and download stuff off torrent sites.
    for some reason itunes mucks the files up and mashes em together 5 seconds of this track 10 of another and so forth, It hasnt ever happened though with stuff I have encoded myself though.

Yeah, I know what you mean but that's not the issue I'm having though.

Any other ideas?

One last bump to see if anyone can help...