Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Burning photos to cd in iPhoto6

When I used the designated method, in iPhoto 6 to, share then burn photos to a CD in preparation to having them printed, there were double sometimes triple prints made. Some of duplicates would be of poor quality. On advice, I created a 'burn' folder on the desk top and dragged the photos to this folder, then burnt this folder. When the photos were printed at the store, we did not get the same problem as before with the double images. Problem fixed! However, I'm curious as to what was causing the problem in the first place. Could anyone help explain this? Thanx.

Cause the person printing them from the iPhoto 6 created method was printing the low res pics in the low res folder (aka the thumbnails) and not the high res ones.

The CD basically contains the thumbnails and real photos in a certain directory layout.. so if you use the wrong directory on the disk you get the thumbnails printed... user error on the party who printed them I am afraid.

Thanks for explaining that.

yeah. thats my gripe with iphoto, that it doesn't have a 'standard' method of burning a cd to take down to the photo lab. but then, it's a small gripe. like Bowmans learnt, u need simply make a copy of the selected pictures to the desktop & burn the folder...

iphotos burn setting is basically designed to do a backup of iphotos photos, thumbs,
    etc... so unless the photo lab people are familiar with Apples directory/formatting conventions
    _______
    Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB ram, Intel mac mini 2.26GHZ, 4GB ram, Airport Express, ATV2, iPhone 4 & 3Gs and various un/necessary gadgets and gizmos, OS 10.8