Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Mac Blogging Software

With the MacTalk blog coming very soon, I'm looking into how I will actually make these damned posts anyways.
    Are there any apps that can post to a Wordpress blog for me, so I don't have to constantly type within a browser window?

Mars Edit seems to be quite popular. Havent used it myself so im not sure what its like.

I've recently started using Mars Edit, and it is very easy to use. Prefer it to ecto.

I think MarsEdit is pretty much the gold standard on Mac OS X.
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

Yes, there's a simple way, learn Markdown Syntax as it's included with Wordpress. It basically turns very straightforward text marking into html.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Currawong View Post
    Yes, there's a simple way, learn Markdown Syntax as it's included with Wordpress. It basically turns very straightforward text marking into html.
    "Flock" is a browser with a LOT of blog/flickr plugins to made life easier.

I've not spent much time in it but I've read a lot of good things. Based on Mozilla. Praps worth checking out?

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    With the MacTalk blog coming very soon, I'm looking into how I will actually make these damned posts anyways.
    Are there any apps that can post to a Wordpress blog for me, so I don't have to constantly type within a browser window?
    I use Ecto from time to time. I find it works perfectly with wordpress, if you give it the right info (it doesn't always detect the API type correctly)

I use ecto linked to NetNewsWire - just hit Post to Weblog from NNW and away you go. As kyte says, it plays well with WP as long as you have it set up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by tcn33 View Post
    I use ecto linked to NetNewsWire - just hit Post to Weblog from NNW and away you go. As kyte says, it plays well with WP as long as you have it set up correctly.
    Sighhh. Having said that... I had not used it for about 30 posts... and right now, although it seems to be able to access the blog just fine, its having a lot of trouble updating to sync the computer with the web posts. Can't seem to get the categories (I've added some since last I blogged from Ecto). Not sure what the solution is.

[edit] Solved. The upgrade from 2.4.1 to 2.4.2 for some reason reset all my API information. A word to the wise... ecto wants your wordpress blog to use Moveabletype. This is not correct. It needs to be Metaweblog.