Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Snapfish - Photo prints, cards, calendars, and gifts

After seeing an article in Digital Photography+Design I've just check out the website for Hewlett Packard's online photo processing service: Snapfish.

Has anyone tried them out?

There photo printing prices seem to be pretty cheap, and they also do poster prints, cards, calendars, mugs, tee-shirts, mouse mats, coasters, stubbie holder, keychains and ornaments.

Being web-based they also point out on their site that they are Mac-compatible and support Safari.

I'd be interested to hear of the experiences anyone has had with them.

I've used Snapfish to get a few 6x4 prints - they were okay. Some of them where cropped oddly, the colours were off, but nothing you wouldn't' expect from your typical department store kind of printing. They are cheap though

They were just doing a deal where you could get 50 free prints (including some 5x7's) + 2.95 postage.

The quality is pretty good (fuji paper) and I am happy with them. Way better than Kmart in terms of quality.

The interface is not fantastic compared to what we are used to with Mac, and the uploading is tedious for my 4 MB photos- probably due more to my 128kb upload limit.

But I am happy, and would probably use them again (and actually pay for all of them !)

I had no issues with the cropping.

They had a "crop" feature, which I used, and it appeared to work for me. I cropped the 6x4's as they suggested, and the ones I was getting larger, cropped them accordingly too.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_in_tas View Post
    After seeing an article in Digital Photography+Design I've just check out the website for Hewlett Packard's online photo processing service: Snapfish.

Has anyone tried them out?

There photo printing prices seem to be pretty cheap, and they also do poster prints, cards, calendars, mugs, tee-shirts, mouse mats, coasters, stubbie holder, keychains and ornaments.

Being web-based they also point out on their site that they are Mac-compatible and support Safari.

I'd be interested to hear of the experiences anyone has had with them.
    I used them, it worked out OK but it's all from China. Be nice if there were some that worked with an Aussie supplier...