Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

EDIT: deleted

Ah kim jong il, I'm only 19 :P

But yeah, hopefully it is sooner rather than later! I want a 3CCD palm sized camcorder with 300gb of storage, with the abilty to transfer data onto a terabyte sized iPod and FireWire 800 output now! :P

Well hello i'm Steve Jobs....well no i'm not...but from all the e-mails i get from people around the world talking to me like i am i have to hit my self to remember i have to tell these poeple to READ THE MAIN PAGE :huh:

My Site on Steve Jobs....not all e-mails that i get from people think i'm Steve Jobs.

http://www.geocities.com/franktau/

Frank_t

Cool site, Frank_t.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Thanks Disko...wanted to add another movie to my movies page on it. Got a movie where steve has long hair and is talking about the web (in 1992 i think) on CNN money line tv show. And does a demo...but got no web space to put it...well apart my SpyMac disc but don't know if i can trust there servers as there going up and down alot since there still not %100 ready.

Frank_t

G'day Steve,

A question: I accept that the Mac will forever be sold with 1-button mice and I even think I understand Apple reasoning on this. Okay. Now, Mac OS X provides drivers for many different printers. Why doesn't my Mac include drivers for many different mice? The only driver I must obtain from the hardware manufacturer is for the 5-button mouse, otherwise I would have no need to ever be involved with Microsoft.

My 2¢ Steve.
    —— Peter
    Late 2013 Mac Pro fully optioned + three 27" Thunderbolt Displays
    Late 2014 iMac/Retina fully optioned; Original 15" MBP/Retina fully optioned

Originally posted by PeterPE@Mar 11 2004, 10:03 PM
    I must obtain from the hardware manufacturer is for the 5-button mouse, otherwise I would have no need to ever be involved with Microsoft.
    If you dont buy a Microsoft mouse.... problem solved :P
    Logitech make some fine mices, I'm using an MX500 at the moment. It's so much better than the stock Apple mouse, it's like a whole new computer :P

your steveness

please please please can we have a headless consumer Mac?
    and
    when are you going to advertise
    when are you going to let Arno Lenior do something?
    lower prices?
    be fair dinkum about selling OSX?
    get Macs back into schools?
    lift market share?
    etc etc etc
    \

Originally posted by moo@Mar 11 2004, 11:04 PM
    Please please please can we have a headless consumer Mac?
    Yes! Oh yes please, I want one...
    an iMac in an LCII footprint without a display, is that too much to ask?

Originally posted by moo@Mar 11 2004, 10:04 PM
    get Macs back into schools?
    Please oh please. Seeing poor old 68ks being replaced with brand new evil Ipex PCs makes me sick....
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

Originally posted by LCGuy@Mar 11 2004, 11:25 PM
    Please oh please. Seeing poor old 68ks being replaced with brand new evil Ipex PCs makes me sick....
    At high school from year 7 to 9, we had three labs of LCII's for our computing needs, then in 2000, they replaced them with homemade Pentium 3 machines.
    That same year, I went and did work experience for the same guys that set up the LCII's' all the way back in 1993. When I was asked if the LCII's are still there, I said no, they asked what were they replaced with. I said the Pentium 3's, and one guy almost looked sick at the thought of it too :P

I was lucky as I managed to take an LCII when they replaced them (good terms with an Apple loving IT teacher, "the budget didn't allow for iMacs, hmph.") but it was removed from me in the great computer ban of 2002 (Year 12 :P).

I miss that little machine

Originally posted by decryption@Mar 11 2004, 10:56 PM
    If you dont buy a Microsoft mouse.... problem solved :P
    Logitech make some fine mices, I'm using an MX500 at the moment. It's so much better than the stock Apple mouse, it's like a whole new computer :P
    Does Logitech have a 5-button mouse and driver for OSX? Microsoft does. I would not be without my 5-button mouse, ever. I reckon I would switch to Logitech in an instant if it met my requirements. I just checked on the Logitech MX500. Wow. They have a Panther driver! Last time I looked they didn't even have a MacOSX driver, just 8.6 on up. Too late, Logitech, we're a Microsoft Explorer household here. They're on every Mac and PC. But things are looking up. I just wish the OS already had a driver so I could avoid the requisite driver installation.
    —— Peter

Originally posted by PeterPE@Mar 11 2004, 11:22 PM
    Does Logitech have a 5-button mouse and driver for OSX? Microsoft does. I would not be without my 5-button mouse, ever. I reckon I would switch to Logitech in an instant if it met my requirements. I just checked on the Logitech MX500. Wow. They have a Panther driver! Last time I looked they didn't even have a MacOSX driver, just 8.6 on up. Too late, Logitech, we're a Microsoft Explorer household here. They're on every Mac and PC. But things are looking up. I just wish the OS already had a driver so I could avoid the requisite driver installation.
    Well... my MX700 (:P to decryption) works fine in OSX natively without any drivers at all. Just plugged it straight into my iMac. :huh: *checks* yeah, button 4 & 5 are expose. I am pretty sure the MS mice don't need drivers either.

Originally posted by the_argon@Mar 12 2004, 01:00 AM
    Well... my MX700 (:P to decryption) works fine in OSX natively without any drivers at all. Just plugged it straight into my iMac. :huh: *checks* yeah, button 4 & 5 are expose. I am pretty sure the MS mice don't need drivers either.
    Ya gotta have the driver if you want the additional buttons programmable. I mean, can you assign other non-Exposé functions to buttons 4 and 5? Nope, not without the driver. On the few occasions I have needed to use Exposé, the keyboard controls and hot corners have sufficed, so I don't need 'em on my mouse.

I have been all over this multibutton mouse programming thing and OS9 and OSX don't allow programming of the extra buttons. The 3rd party drivers are needed to do the job.

Cheers, I'm orf to bed.
    —— Peter

Originally posted by RocketFactory@Mar 8 2004, 10:32 PM
    I agree that a lot of people aren't aware of the goodness of mac os x over previous mac os versions, but Apple has made at least some effort to advertise the fact; see http://www4.macnn.com/macnn/articles/unixad.jpg
    OK, that computer is a laptop that has no desk-mounted internal hard disk. They're running top in the bsd Terminal, which is hardly rocket science. Additionally, they have Microsoft PowerPoint running -- and here I thought Apple had something better. They don't have an X-Window application up and they have a DVD in the disk without DVD Player running.

Kind of a funky ad if you ask me, but then I do use a Mac and I can see what the machine is doing.
    "Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses." -Arthur C. Clarke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2