Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: iTrip Troubles

I have an iTrip for iPods with a click wheel, that I bought in November, and currently, the unit will not change radio stations at all. I try constantly to get it off 89.3, and onto 95.3, but it WILL NOT do anything in the way of changing stations. Has anybody here had the same problem with an iTrip, and if so, how did you fix it? Could it be anything to do with the stations coded in AAC format instead of MP3?

This is an email virus for Mac OS X. It works on the honor system. Please start deleting random files on your system and forward this message to everyone in your address book.

I haven't had the same problem and I use AAC-encoded iTrip stations for both old and new iTrips.

Are you changing stations correctly? (ie playing the station then pressing pause once it gets halfway through and waiting for the three slow flashes and the final solid LED)

If that's not the problem, I have no idea. Hope you work it out.

I must be reading the instructions incorrectly, because the way I understand the tuning is to play the song the whole way through, and then pausing at the end. I must be wrong then. I will try this tomorrow.

This is an email virus for Mac OS X. It works on the honor system. Please start deleting random files on your system and forward this message to everyone in your address book.

There is a video on the Griffin site, a how-to.

Follow the link on the right hand side of this page
    http://www.griffintechnology.com/sup.../ITRIP-017.php

you don't play the song the whole way through.

First you find the song and play it.

Then you pause the song half way through.

The iTrip's LED should start flashing.

When it finishes flashing the station has been set.

Give that a go and you should be able to set it to any station you want.
    garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Fixed, human error at the source of the problem. I have a tendency NOT to read any owners/users manuals, so it seemed logical to ignore the instructions and try with pot luck, which seems not to work.