Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default online t-shirt design sites.

hi, besides www.foghorn.com.au. does anyone know of some other aust sites? I thought it would be fun to design a tshirt, but after the below design is finished the shirt would have cost me over $60 bucks not including postage of $7.50.

any recommendations for one off shirts???

deco20

I tried making one on that FogHorn site which my girlfriend has been looking around for ("I <3 My Geek"), and it was gunna cost me $57 for something so simple as that.

Bugger 'em.
    MacBook 5,1: 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, SuperDrive, OS X 10.7, Windows 7
    Mac Mini 4,1: 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 1TB Ext. HDD (Time Machine), 2TB Ext. HDD, OS X 10.8

stuff getting others to do it! stencil your own!

me and my girlfriend have been doing it for a lil bit now, the best one i've done has gotta be this one -

(the white pasty stuff around the print washed off. the nipple is reflecting the camera flash so thats why it looks a bit dodgy, i painted it silver.. hehe)

once you set yourself up with paint and rollers its pretty cheap and easy to DIY some cool tees

ohhh aust sites? hmmmm no :\

tshirthell.com (NSFW) but they're damn good!

Have had a couple of shirts done for me by a guy in Melbourne - www.airbrushnow.com.au - and they've been spectacular, and well-priced.

Here's an example:
    Boom - like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgle View Post
    stuff getting others to do it! stencil your own!
    Please tell me more! What exactly do you need???

Looks like fun.

i got a lot of my info on how to do it from stencilrevoloution.com. the tutorials up there are great as are the forums and gallery for inspiration!

pic
    get your pic open in photoshop and pull up the Cutout filter. play around with that till you have your pic looking dead sexy, its pretty easy. for the above tshirt, the original stencil image looked like this - (keep in mind this is a 3 layer stencil, its best to start out with single layer ones..)

(im not gonna show you the original original cos my girlfriend would shoot me )

paint
    for the paint i use a normal acrylic paint mixed 50/50(ish) with a fabric base i found at bunnings. we've experimented with expensive craft paints and cheapo ones and found they mainly produce the same result. the cheapo ones are just a bit more difficult to mix in with the base. also picked up a twin pack of narrow foam paint rollers from bunnings.

stencil
    for the stencil i print it out on paper and then spray-glue (more on that later) it on to acetate (overhead transparencies). aim to get good quality thicker acetate cos theyre less likely to tear when removing them after painting, and they last longer. once its glued on cut out the stencil with a sharp blade. its a bitch trying to cut a stencil with blunt blades. this is pretty time consuming, break out a good podcast or 2 and you'll be right.

painting
    i use spray-on glue to stick the stencil to the shirt - thats the residue you can see around the print in my other post. i picked it up at a craft shop for like ~$10, its a cheaper brand but you only want a temporary stick so it does the job. i find that no matter what colour shirt you paint on, if you do an initial layer of black paint, the resulting stencil comes up a treat - much brighter and defined. so paint on your black and, leaving the stencil stuck on, whack a hairdryer on it for a coupla mins till its dry to touch. then roll on whatever colour you're doing (this is where having 2 roller foams helps - dont hafta wait till the first one drys). hairdry it again, pull of the stencil (careful not to rip!) and then give it a good iron for 5 mins or so under some baking paper, this kinda seals in the paint.

voila! you're done!

i wish i could say what brands all of these are but all the gear is at my girlfriends house... sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben™ View Post
    I tried making one on that FogHorn site which my girlfriend has been looking around for ("I <3 My Geek"), and it was gunna cost me $57 for something so simple as that.

Bugger 'em.
    ive seen that around, but from the states. try this site,
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/ladies/ ive got a few on my wish list
    -------------------------------------------------
    Resident Cake Diva, Perpetual N00b.
    MY TOYS
    2st gen ipod nano, White macbook C2D, Imac G4 700 lampshade , imac G3 graphite

no offence but you're gf looks kinda good that way.
    PC l 980X l 24GB l 8TB l GTX590 l 7 Ult x64 l Corsair CC750D
    Server l E3-1245v3 l 32GB l 20TB l Fedora 21 LVM ZFS RaidZ2
    Burning 'Book l 17" A1297 l 2860QM l 6770M 1GB l 2.25TB l Antiglare

Thought about Red Bubble? Melbourne based outfit that works kinda like Café Press, but they're more diverse, and they're local. Their tees are Hanes cotton (soft and highly durable). Design your own artwork, upload it, then you can buy yourself one ... and anyone else can order one too. They ship almost immediately.

My friend Webgrrl has a lot of work up there, and being a bit of a psytrance nut, I just had to buy this -- looks rad on a black Hanes.

(I just realised ... this is the only iProduct I own!)

Red bubble
    + 1

I got some shiznit up there

yah i have found inkyrobo is a good site .