Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Sony Ericsson W850i

Does anyone have the above mentioned phone? Like/dislike? I'm looking to get a new phone, my LG has had to have a motherboard replaced, now the camera has shat itself! So might get a new phone.......

Looking at the Sony because of the memory stick (I have a PSP and a Sony Digital camera), but it is compatible with Mac's, etc. Read a review which gave it a thumbs up, but I respect everyone on this forum's opinion, so go ahead, tell me if it is good or shite!

Thanks!

Deano
    "The doctor says my nose will stop bleeding if I keep my finger outta there" - Ralph Wiggum

"I can see through time....." - Lisa Simpson after eating Apu's curry

*bump*
    "The doctor says my nose will stop bleeding if I keep my finger outta there" - Ralph Wiggum

don't have it mate. but it looks great. also comes with a 1gb ms duo with it. not a bad deal.
    "Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?" - Maynard

Well, since I own a PSP and a Sony digital camera, I thought the extra MS stick would be great. Had a look at the phone today and it looks pretty good....so I might go get one. What the hell, it's only money! And it comes in white, which is the flavour of my PSP, and all my Apple stuff! How sweet it is.......

Hi mate,

I don't have that model, but I do have a k750i which is an awesome phone (except for the sticky joystick, which is an issue I'm sure they've fixed in the past couple of years) - the software is quite good, the sound that comes from the device is awesome and the headphones supplied with it are better than the iPod's headphones. The camera is only a 2 megapixel but does the trick - not as good as a standard digital camera, but hey, it's a phone, primarily. The memory stick is awesome because I can share it with my PSP if required, and the bluetooth connection to the Mac is pretty smooth going.

The W850i will be the next phone I get too, unless Apple bring out that iPhone in the meantime.
    MacBook Unibody 13" | iPhone 5 32Gb | iPad 3 16GB | iPod Nano 6G | Airport Extreme | ATV2 Successful Trades: TomMelbourne | Mart | ajbeardy | Barticus | countmacula | mikinoz | Exocet | oddturtle | gmask1 | jeremywarnock | carlow1 | musky

is this the one that is based on the M600i? the one with 1GB of internal memory.?

For a short period of time I had the SE K800i (it was bought for my wife so I did eventually have to let her have it!). Great phone. If the model you are looking at is anything like the k800i I'd say go for it.

k800i
    - like: camera that imports directly into iPhoto, PIM syncs with entourage contacts/calendar/task list, email is easy, music player is OK, radio is OK, bluetooth works with my Jabra headset
    - dislike: proprietary connections, couldn't get it to sync notes with entourage, M2 micro is yet another flash memory format

If your proposed phone isn't on the Apple iSync list, then spend $5 on the Mobile Feiser plug-in.

Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    is this the one that is based on the M600i? the one with 1GB of internal memory.?
    i think u've got the model names mixed up. m600i is the one with the keyboard. maybe you're thinking of the w950i, with 4gb built-in memory?

the w850i is the slider, seen in the da vinci code. if u purchase them from 3, u get a free 1gb ms duo.
    "Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?" - Maynard