Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Applecare

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Ehm, this is making me look stupid but I got a question here.
    I bought Applecare when I purchase my powerbook a couple of months back and havent actually opened the box up and take a look at it. It is lying somewhere in the house.

    Anyways, the question is, do I have to fill in anything and/or send anything do me eligible for the applecare??

    If I have to, whats the last date of doing that?

    I havent got much time to search the house as we are undergoing massive spring cleaning for the holidays. If possible, I do not want to spend my weekends messing up all the stuff that has been already tucked nicely away. Thus seeking everyone's advise here.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Originally posted by Jmi@Dec 3 2004, 01:10 PM
    Ehm, this is making me look stupid but I got a question here.
    I bought Applecare when I purchase my powerbook a couple of months back and havent actually opened the box up and take a look at it. It is lying somewhere in the house.

    Anyways, the question is, do I have to fill in anything and/or send anything do me eligible for the applecare??

    If I have to, whats the last date of doing that?

    I havent got much time to search the house as we are undergoing massive spring cleaning for the holidays. If possible, I do not want to spend my weekends messing up all the stuff that has been already tucked nicely away. Thus seeking everyone's advise here.

    Thanks in advance
    yeah your meant to send a form in that is found in the box. you have until your warranty (1 year from purchase) to run out. call 133622 and i think you can register over the phone (but again i think you need to quote a number found on the card that is in side the box that is somewhere in your house )

    anywho
    have fun
    ________________________________________________

    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

    www.macmate.com.au

    Leader of: Apple General, Help! & iPods, iTMS & Accessories

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Thanks Macmate.

    I sometimes wonder if applecare is worth it. but heck, I bought it LOL.
    Was browsing in whirlpool and saw someone said he will be charged if there is no fault found. goodness me. LOL. Also notice you made a kind offer on that thread as well

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    952

    Default

    ... What's applecare?

    *even more stupid*
    Dear Sony, Microsoft, the MPAA, the RIAA and Apple:
    Let's make a deal. You stop trying to tell me where, when, and how I play my movies and music, and I won't crush your homes under my inexorably advancing wall of ice.

    http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/sony_microsoft..._riaa_apple.jpg

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    Originally posted by Jmi@Dec 3 2004, 01:16 PM
    Thanks Macmate.

    I sometimes wonder if applecare is worth it. but heck, I bought it LOL.
    Was browsing in whirlpool and saw someone said he will be charged if there is no fault found. goodness me. LOL. Also notice you made a kind offer on that thread as well
    yep. i am sick of the box shifters out there and want to offer people service they way it should be. i think the mac community deserve it. even if that means i get no money for it.
    ________________________________________________

    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

    www.macmate.com.au

    Leader of: Apple General, Help! & iPods, iTMS & Accessories

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by Chr1s@Dec 3 2004, 01:22 PM
    ... What's applecare?

    *even more stupid*
    Applecare extends your warranty and telephone support. See http://www.apple.com.au/support/products/ for more information.

    I never sell an apple laptop without recommending it.

  7. #7

    Default

    I would happly say "no" to any future Apple Education promotions just to get the Apple Care put back into the education prices and packages

    Let's march down Apple headquarters in Sydney!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,699

    Default

    sounds like a plan
    WTF is Harmonytech? | The iBook Saga. | Successful Trades: Currawong, Byrd, xedos, Decryption, Greenie, Mivory
    sudo chmod 327 /etc/car/subaru

  9. #9

    Default

    Okay so Hawker and pipsqeek are ready to march... who else?

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Macmate, you were saying that you had until the warranty expires to register it with apple..... Can you go out and buy an applecare warranty for a mac before the one year warranty is up? Or do you have to buy it at the same time as you buy your mac?
    I have no successful trades

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Originally posted by the_OM@Dec 3 2004, 06:16 PM
    Macmate, you were saying that you had until the warranty expires to register it with apple..... Can you go out and buy an applecare warranty for a mac before the one year warranty is up? Or do you have to buy it at the same time as you buy your mac?
    As i understood it when i bought my first mac yesterday.
    you can buy it at anytime but it backdates from the expiry of your warranty

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Redlands
    Posts
    522

    Default

    I'd get Applecare if you have an iPod too. Only $99.
    We are all about love and happiness :)

  13. #13

    Default

    One of the benefits of my continuous upgrade cycle, I always have a new machine within that year anyways, so I've never bought AppleCare :P

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    215

    Default

    At least if you're selling your old system, the AppleCare is transferrable. Might sell for a bit more if you have a year or two left on warranty.
    Talk to me through open instant messaging - jeremy@jabber.org.au

  15. #15

    Default

    Hi,

    I've been a pretty ignorant mac user and didn't even bother to find out about all this applecare business. :/

    I bought my ibook last February..If I was to purchase applecare, can the repairs that are covered under it apply to something that I've wrecked on my own [as opposed to something that goes awry which I had nothing to do with]?

    I only need to get my dc board replaced but I'd like applecare so I'm covered under the extended warranty in case anything else stuffs up

    Thank you!

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    1,096

    Default

    Originally posted by july@Jan 3 2005, 02:18 PM
    If I was to purchase applecare, can the repairs that are covered under it apply to something that I've wrecked on my own [as opposed to something that goes awry which I had nothing to do with]?
    No, AppleCare isn't insurance it's an extended warranty it'll only cover manufacturers defects. Check your home/contents insurance your Mac may be covered for incidental damage.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •