Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Damit, went for 300km round trip ride to the coast on my insanely fast motorbike and copped at $231 fine for stretching its legs a bit. Just a pity I was going to get a new ipod...but not anymore
    MacPro 2.66 GHz 7Gb GeF 8800 GT AP

Come on, you can't really blame anyone else for speeding.
    Barista for iPhone & iPod Touch | Barista on Twitter
    Cellar for iPhone & iPod Touch | Cellar on Twitter
    The Early Edition for iPad | Glasshouse Apps on Twitter

Starscream Guest

Good friend of mine got caught in a school zone going 6 k over or something. he got hit with a fairly big fine. not good owell lessons learnt then huh?, lol. speed and you go without a new ipod.

For sure - all my own fault, just venting. though in my defence 124 in 100 zone IS restrained on bike LOL.

we went 140 in a 110 zone not when we went to the snow YES WE GOT COUGHT!
    we went 160 on our way to melbourne earlier this yr! freaken hell that was scary! we only went at that speed for a few mins.

usually we never speed.
    My Macs: MacBook Pro 17", Powerbook Ti 867Mhz, Powermac 5500 Black, iBook G3 900Mhz, Powermac MDD, Powermac 8600 250Mhz, Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz Mac Mini, iMac G4 17" 1Ghz, eMac 1Ghz, eMac 800Mhz,
    AppleCollector Sales Service/Sales/Support/Trade In's

Got caught years ago doing 72 in a 60 zone on a major road, the other side of lights turning red, narrow lanes, with a sharp bend to the left and a large 4WD on my right hand side. No houses, no pedestrians. I really wasn't endangering anyone, including myself. It's the only speeding ticket I've ever got and I'm still fuming.
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

- Cicero (106BC-43BC)

my 2nd this year (i've had the bike since March). The lessons are slowly getting thru, I will be signing up for an intro to drag racing at Easter Creek....when the flag drops..the bullshit stops.

HDK's Avatar HDK is offline You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap.

I got done doing 107 in a 60 zone once. Copped over $600 fine due to being 47k's over the limit. Not really fair as the camera was at the end of a Hwy, at the end of an overtaking lane, and over a bloody crest. Bit hard to slow down when you've just passed some wanka who wont drive at a consitant speed.

When I lived more remotely, I had to drive 145km/hr to get my wife to the hospital on time to have a baby. Waters broke all over the seat, head popping out, oh jeez that brings back some memories. Her screaming out the window as we pass cars with my hazard lights on... Spose that's what you get living rural sometimes. You either deal with it, or get to someone real fast who can.
    mactalk sold out when decryption took over with an ego the size of google.

225km/h. Was overtaken by a Police motorbike soon after.....
    Trading Feedback: El Guardo

ohh yes forgot to mention at 160 or was it 170 i think it was 170 60% sure anyways we didnt get cought.
    You were unlucky :-(
    My Macs: MacBook Pro 17", Powerbook Ti 867Mhz, Powermac 5500 Black, iBook G3 900Mhz, Powermac MDD, Powermac 8600 250Mhz, Intel Core Duo 1.66Ghz Mac Mini, iMac G4 17" 1Ghz, eMac 1Ghz, eMac 800Mhz,
    AppleCollector Sales Service/Sales/Support/Trade In's

My daddy owns a WRX and floors it when ever he can!! IT"S FRIGGIN SCARY! We decided to floor it around the Murry and nealy got double the speed limit.

I have fond memories of overtaking an XR6 Turbo police car at about 160km/h in my old VY SS on the way to Litchfield NP while living in Darwin a couple of years back.

178 in the back seat in japan was crazy. and legal! but coming over the top of the hill on the freeway and have the car start alarming that a car crash was iminent (crash sensor) as the traffic had banked on the down part of the slope was a tad scarey!
    such a thrill tho!!
    C2D 2.16ghz Macbook Black, iPod Video 30GB Black 5G, iPod Nano Red 5G 16Gb, iPod Shuffle Black 4GB, 24in C2D iMac 2.4ghz, Time Capsule 500GB (dead), Airport Express 1G x 2, Airport Extreme, Apple TV, iPad 64GB 3G, iPhone 4, Apple TV 2

This thread is a disgrace.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(areal &#064; Sep 17 2006, 11&#58;12 PM) [snapback]215064[/snapback]</div>
    This thread is a disgrace.
    [/b]
    I absolutely agree.

You speed, then get a fine, and call it unfair? Riiiight.

I&#39;m starting to understand why the road toll gets worse every year.....

198km/h in a Supercharged Toyota MR2 (AW11). Dragging a Mitsubishi FTO import in a 70 zone. FTO backed off after we hit 145
    MacBook 5,1: 2.0GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, SuperDrive, OS X 10.7, Windows 7
    Mac Mini 4,1: 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 1TB Ext. HDD (Time Machine), 2TB Ext. HDD, OS X 10.8

I got to 175 in my little &#39;85 Laser on the way back from Dunsborough :P

I didn&#39;t get caught, so I get to buy new iPods on a regular basis

This really is a crap thread and it offends me greatly.

I&#39;m an experienced street cop and I&#39;ve seen what happens to speeding and reckless drivers. I&#39;ve knocked on the doors and broken the news to the many mothers.

Someone delete this bullshit bogun topic.

Bloody idiot.. seriously..

No sympathy from me.
    MacBook, iMac, iTouch
    Trades: landog, HDK, BiRDBRAiN, macdave, Mac Ram
    MacTalk Kiva Lending Team!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast