Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: BluePhoneElite

Hi all,

A number of months ago I tried BluePhoneElite on my PowerBook to see how it was and if it was worth buying. I haven't purchased the software yet but it's on my list for a latter purchase. But now the problem...

I have another user on this computer (separate user account) who also wants to give this program a shot however when he tries to install it, it recognises that I used it a while ago and states that the trial has expired and is redirected to their website. I've tried doing a spotlight search for anything related to it to see if there is a hidden file that could be stopping the running of it with no luck. I've also tried using AppZapper but it didn't find anything beyond the obvious.

So, does anybody have a suggestion to allow this program to be reinstalled for a limited trial peroid?

Thanks in advance.

The program possibly installs a file somewhere in (Mac OS X)/Library/Application Support (that is, not the one in your user folder but in the computer itself). BluePhoneElite probably has its own folder in there you could try deleting.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Heh. Good luck getting this thing to reset. I ran into the same problem ages ago. I removed all traces that I could find from my drive and still it recognised that a prior copy had been installed and expired.

It's an evil little app. I was considering buying it until I came across this stupid behaviour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xsive &#064; Aug 29 2006, 10&#58;44 AM) [snapback]209132[/snapback]</div>
    It&#39;s an evil little app. I was considering buying it until I came across this stupid behaviour.
    [/b]
    Its a valid means of protecting the authors rights. If you use it, buy it. Simple as that. Isn&#39;t expensive anyway.
    MacBookPro 15", iPhone 3G

Successful trades : Cool Smiley, wally4000, macrob69, kaisersozay x2, gilligan911,
    step_andy, neo, mac_man_luke, Clockwork, iMarty, Simo, natakim, chocho, ARB, macman, Goodbye, gregh
    nightelves, suryo, TheKeddi

Thanks all. I&#39;ve given Currawong&#39;s idea a shot and that didn&#39;t work so I&#39;ve given up trying to find the file. For those of you with the same problem, however, I&#39;ve find a different sort of solution. I found out that there was a new BluePhoneElite program out that was a BETA version 2. I just googled that and I was able to download this BETA for free with no restrictions. The new "TalkThru" function is apparently very buggy however I&#39;m not intending to use this feature anyway.

Thanks again