I have a 2 week old iMac intel 20" (Pioneer DVR-05). I have been experiencing a problem whilst using the Apple DVD player and Front Row, I'll try an explain as best I can:

---SCENARIO---
I put in a DVD of a TV series to watch, sit back with the remote and launch Front Row. I navigate to the DVD menu and play the series... I can use the remote as normal. All good.

However, after about 1-1.5 hours of continuous watching of the DVD (ie, I have just watched a few episodes back-to-back without needing to use menu/remote), I try the remote to change the volume etc and I get no response - the DVD just keeps playing but it will not change the volume, pause or exit Front Row.

My first thought was that my remote had stopped working so I got up and tried the volume control on the keyboard. No response. DVD kept playing ignoring any key press or mouse move.

I tried hitting ESC in an effort to exit Front Row and go back to the Desktop. Still doesn't respond...DVD keeps playing!

I decide to try a force quit. After that, I can see my mouse arrow on screen, the DVD kind of jumps or slows but then it either freezes at a frame or keeps playing. It won't actually quit the player/Front Row. The disc won't eject either.

After all that, I hold down the power button to get the Mac to restart. I've done this about 4 times while I've tested this problem
---

I've been searching on various forums and maybe I'm not using the right terminology (I am new to Macs), but I couldn't find any similar reports. I rang Apple this afternoon but the advice I received was to try a different disc in the player - which I have done now but it still does the same thing.

Has anyone had similar experiences with Front Row / Apple DVD player? I'd really appreciate any advice or information on this. Apologies if this has been covered but thanks for reading...