Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

hi, got an ibook in february. about 3 weeks ago, lil rubber stopper than holds the screen above the keyboard when closed fell off. and when I mean fell off, i opened the laptop and it FELL OFF.
    I went to my local apple supplier when this happened, they said, no worries should be a warranty job, we'll get onto it.
    I got a call back today, and they said its a 'non warrantable' part, and that it will cost me if I want it replaced.. $168!!!!! dollars. They tech support guy said I should get onto apple customer relations.
    So I call them up, and after 45mins of talking to different indian people, I got 'No since the part is non funtional it won't be covered under warranty, goodbye'
    What do I do now?

Do you still have it? (The little rubber stopper, not the iBook).

I have had kids pick these off on our 24 ibooks at school. I very carefully put a touch of superglue on the back of the stopper and stick it back on. Failing that you may find at a hardware store some small, white, rubber, self-adhesive things that you could replace the original ones with.

Paul
    iMac 27 inch 3.4 i7 32 GIG RAM / Macbook Pro C2D 2.33 / 32 GIG iPad 2 / 8 GIG Nano / 32 GIG iPod Touch
    Podcasts - Originz and Mysteries Abound

luckily I do have it..
    looks bloody thin, i might have to get the misses to stick it back on with her thin fingers. any old superglue will do? I don't want it to start melting the plastic or nothing

User a pair of tweezers.
    Super-glue bonds plastics to plastics very nicely - in around 5 seconds - shouldn't melt anything if it's already hard after 10 seconds - it not acid =)

cw

$168!!! What a shame.... One of our ibooks is missing one.. unfortunately we don't have it. I'd been wondering how one goes about getting another one.. but at $168, I think I'll just live without! Good luck with yours, Saggas.

- Jesski

Jesski,

See Paul's Post 3. You can buy 'em from hardware stores - or something similar. Make do!

cheers

cw