Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

I have just discovered the wonderful world of movie downloads but I am unable to play the files. I just have a whole bunch of files called alliance-benchwarmers-xvid.001 and the numbering goes all the way to 049. I have looked at some other forums and they all recommended Winrar which will extract them and patch all of the files together, but this is a Windows shareware app. The Mac OSX version is a beta trial only and costs money to get it to work. Does anyone have any other ideas?

The .001 indicates it is one file broken into many parts. use an app like Split & Concat to join them up. Then you can use Stuffit Expander to open up the .rar file.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Please use UnrarX to get the original file back. Google to find this Mac program.

Also get vlc to watch them.
    iMac 27"/3GHz/4GB/1TB | MacBook Pro 13"/2.4GHz/4GB/250GB | AppleTV 160GB | iPhone 16GB

Yeah, i always used unrarx until i went intel and the -then- universal build of it kept on freezing my imac. That issue might have been fixed in new versions, but all the same it stopped me from using it.

If you'd like to give it a try in place of Stuffit Expander: UnrarX
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

naughty naughty piracy should not be encouraged

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grorr76 &#064; Jul 15 2006, 09&#58;27 PM) [snapback]195267[/snapback]</div>
    naughty naughty piracy should not be encouraged
    [/b]
    I know, but we all do some things we are not proud of

Imagine how much money the studios would be making if they charged a reasonable &#036;5 download fee and offered a delivery system better than BT.
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

- Cicero (106BC-43BC)