Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
    Danamania Guest

After taking a bit of a pause from the PearPC/Centris business until the pearpc 'bug' that's preventing booting going ahead, I took a look around the place to see how far the story had spread. It's kind of staggering!.

starting with a google search, I found a few mentions I'd known about - here, on slashdot, macnn etc... but then looked further and found the article had been translated into german, had reached Japan, and was also mentioned in various news stories in finland, sweden, the netherlands, polish and somewhere in arabic.

No wonder there were so many thousands of hits on Appletalk .

Considering how long I've been online, it's a wonder I'm still amazed at how the 'net works, at how information spreads when there's something everyone can have a common laugh at - and considering this is only a Mac thing, where we're a pretty small sized world group as groups go.

dana

Those crazy germans and japanese.

They've translated a couple of our articles now. Infact, the_argon's iMac G3 HD upgrade guide got translated on a German site called "appletalk" - but it's spelt the german way.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Dont forget Danish! http://www.mediamac.dk/index.php/news/show/id=12451

And yes Dana, it is amazing how far and how quickly an interesting story travels.
    1.0Ghz 15" TiBook, MBP 13" 2.4/4/256, MBA 13" 2013 1.7/8/128 SSD, 1st Gen 5GB iPod (mint condition), 2nd Gen 10GB iPod, iPod video, nano and shuffle, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

Yeah, we get a few German hits actually. I think most of them can read English quite well as it's taught in their schools and stuff. I remember a friend of mine went to Germany and all the locals loved talking to him to try out their English :P

Did any of those sites enquire permission for translation?

no, none of them did. At least they're adding a danamania part in there, it is after all her article.

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong

Amazing. Was there a sudden surge of posts/register users to go with this article on AppleTalk?
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

yeah, about 50 new users.

Damn!, you'd better close off new registrations Disko. According to the Arpnet users guide EULA ver 2004.5.4.6 ( note 6! ), page 239, paragraph 3, point 6, we are now required start out own folding team. May i suggest we start the protein sequencing of the Insecta Machiloidea Triassomachilis, sorely need to understand it's relationship to the well known Insecta Machiloidea Mesoneta. And hey, i don't have to tell you guys how ground breaking THAT would be!

</sarcasm>