Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

First public beta is out -> http://islayer.com/index.php?op=item&id=25

Works great. Only thing I found is that if you change the text label colour it doesn't change for all the categories. When I did it, the only text label colours that changed were under the Network and Battery categories.

BTW, I'm running on a 1Ghz 17" Powerbook with 10.4.7.

g.
    Barista for iPhone & iPod Touch | Barista on Twitter
    Cellar for iPhone & iPod Touch | Cellar on Twitter
    The Early Edition for iPad | Glasshouse Apps on Twitter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(graemie &#064; Sep 16 2006, 08&#58;37 AM) [snapback]214496[/snapback]</div>
    Works great. Only thing I found is that if you change the text label colour it doesn&#39;t change for all the categories. When I did it, the only text label colours that changed were under the Network and Battery categories.

[/b]
    ive uploaded a new file to fix that

That fixed it - awesome.
    g.

[edit: Just quickly - what&#39;s the difference between &#39;free&#39; and &#39;inactive&#39; RAM?]

A beer to anyone who finds all 3 easter eggs :P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(graemie &#064; Sep 16 2006, 09&#58;19 AM) [snapback]214505[/snapback]</div>
    [edit: Just quickly - what&#39;s the difference between &#39;free&#39; and &#39;inactive&#39; RAM?]
    [/b]
    inactive ram means its filled but not being activly used by any process. Inactive ram is free for any process to use just like free ram

free means the ram is empty

Ah, so even though it&#39;s inactive, it won&#39;t be allocated to any new process, right?

Wow, I think I need more ram. I&#39;ve only got the 1G standard at the moment (2.66 Mac Pro), and here is what it looks like with just a few apps open.

g.

no it will be given to processes if they need it
    inactive is virtually the same a sfree except its filled while free is not.both can be used by any processes when needed

Okay, that&#39;s not so bad then. Sorry for hijacking the thread. I&#39;m done with my Ram questions now&#33;

g.

iStat is awesome it has effectively replace coconut battery and menu meters for me and iStat Menus will only complement this...

My guesses at the easter eggs...

1. &#39;iStat is pretty boring with nothing showing, eh&#39; that was an easy one...

2. &#39;Stats on a plane&#39; but i am still unsure how to activate it...

3. &#39;Changing CPU logos for the preferences&#39; - is this going to be a feature...

Cheers
    Unibody MacBook 2.4GHz C2D, Apple 23" HD Display and Black 16GB iPhone 3G...
    Successful Sales - chrism238, ARB, Bob, Goodbye, chrissara, garrymacdonald, lavo, jubilantjeremy, Jordan M, mulquemi, avolve x 2, macaholic, warren21, Meh 626...

1 & 2 are right

You&#39;ll need to work out how to get SOAP and the third one before getting the beer though :P

*growl*
    MacBook, iMac, iTouch
    Trades: landog, HDK, BiRDBRAiN, macdave, Mac Ram
    MacTalk Kiva Lending Team!

"l33t edition" - but i am yet to workout how to activate it :P
    Myspace - Last.fm - Website
    "And I dont want the world to see me, cause I dont think that they'd Understand, When everythings made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" (Don't Ask!)
    My Gear: 12" Ibook G4 1.33Ghz, iPod mini 4Gb, iPod 5G (Video) 80Gb, JBL Creature II (White) Speakers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blairy &#064; Sep 17 2006, 05&#58;00 PM) [snapback]214926[/snapback]</div>
    "l33t edition" - but i am yet to workout how to activate it :P
    [/b]
    thats what the stats on a plane thing is now.i just forgot to delete the window from the main nib when i added about.nib

that makes sense :P having two easter eggs in the one spot seemed a bit wierd...
    Myspace - Last.fm - Website
    "And I dont want the world to see me, cause I dont think that they'd Understand, When everythings made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am" (Don't Ask!)
    My Gear: 12" Ibook G4 1.33Ghz, iPod mini 4Gb, iPod 5G (Video) 80Gb, JBL Creature II (White) Speakers.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(blairy &#064; Sep 17 2006, 05&#58;05 PM) [snapback]214929[/snapback]</div>
    that makes sense :P having two easter eggs in the one spot seemed a bit wierd...
    [/b]
    Or very cunning...

I&#39;ve got an issue.. oh and something happened when I was looking at the drives in the preferences

[attachmentid=616]

When I unchecked the drive I didn&#39;t want to show it still stayed there. I sped up the refresh rate too and it still didn&#39;t fix itself
    Really it&#39;s only the title and the drive icon the didn&#39;t change when it should have, the space free and used is correct.
    "Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night"Quote by Edgar Allan Poe

i think i know what caused that.ill make sure its fixed for the next beta

iBook G4: Fan is going but it says 0 rpm in iStat.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8