Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

got it today

black macbook
    80gig
    2g RAM

it is flawless, no noises, no crashing, no dead pixels, been charging it since i got home to calibrate the battery and it is barely warm in the top left corner, and the rest of it is cool.

the trackpad button wasnt as crisp and responsive as id have like and when it made the lick sound you had to press harder to get it to respond, but i heard about somone having that problem on the apple discussions and they fixed it bu taking the battery out and pressing on the round circle for the trackpad button, and it has indeed fixed it.

it also wasnt very fast when i first turned it on.
    but when i zapped the ram and varified and repaired permissions, it has become veeeerry snappy indeed and when i restart it starts up very quickly.

im sharing music and photos etc from my imac to this via front row, its pretty damn cool.

and i am definately glad i got the black, its gorgeous

woooo.
    [/mainframe] - Metallic Monstrosity

Black Macbook (2.0ghz/ 2 Gigs / 80Gigs HD)
    iMac G5 (1.8/superdrive/512/BT kb&mouse)
    Titanium Powerbook 867mhz
    3rd gen iPod
    Silver iPod mini
    white 4g nano
    Airport express

Your trackpad makes lick sounds?

Steve's taking this 'good enough to eat' thing too far now.
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

- Cicero (106BC-43BC)

well the macbook pro do the cow sound (mooooo) the macbook does a cow lick

congrats on the macbook.

Ric

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

www.macmate.com.au

Leader of: Apple General, Help! & iPods, iTMS & Accessories

haww hawww

Click :P

3rd gen iPod
    Silver iPod mini
    white 4g nano
    Airport express

Congrats

I went into compnow in sth melb today to see a macbook first time in the flesh, i wasn't very keen on the blackbooks, but after seeing it, it's a very beautiful machine.

Can we have some pics? I can't get enough, I swear...
    Macbook 2.2 Ghz with added features enabling it to vacuum and prepare a daily cut lunch with gourmet options.

i just read a review from someone who got the black macbook. in the beginning, when he first brought it home, his love for the black finish was priceless. a few days later he updated his review saying how much he hates the black finish, how it easily gets dirty and . he's also got some problems with his macbook now. maybe he wasn't too lucky.

hope your experiences differ though.

here's the review btw:
    http://www.johnwaller.org/apple/macbook/
    "Don't these talking monkeys know that Eden has enough to go around?" - Maynard

I got mine today too

Great news, mainframe! Sounds perfect.

Did you buy it from AppleCentre Hurstville?

Do you recommend them?

garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Black wins.
    Trading Feedback: El Guardo

xp! BLASPHEMY!!!

haha....and yeah i got it from hurstville, yeah they seemed very quick and helpful

3rd gen iPod
    Silver iPod mini
    white 4g nano
    Airport express

edit: double post

quamen, you have the same sheets as me.
    if only it had a black macbook sitting on them.

Black definitely wins. Very nice indeed. Now make your bed, Quamen!
    Macbook 2.2 Ghz with added features enabling it to vacuum and prepare a daily cut lunch with gourmet options.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mainframe &#064; May 26 2006, 11&#58;32 PM) [snapback]176232[/snapback]</div>
    xp&#33; BLASPHEMY&#33;&#33;&#33;
    [/b]
    LOL&#33; Yeah it appears to be XP on all three of displays - running on the two monitors and being installed on the MacBook. Someone is a glutton for punishment

EDIT - Yep Black wins... so sexy, so glossy but so pricey as well dammit&#33;
    www: robv.net | twitter: @robvnet

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vargz &#064; May 27 2006, 08&#58;05 AM) [snapback]176271[/snapback]</div>
    LOL&#33; Yeah it appears to be XP on all three of displays - running on the two monitors and being installed on the MacBook. Someone is a glutton for punishment

EDIT - Yep Black wins... so sexy, so glossy but so pricey as well dammit&#33;
    [/b]
    haha okay okay i apologise, but in my defense - I couldnt get a mini DV -> DVI converter anywhere yesterday, Apple Centre, Myer, David Jones... None had one

Congrats on your Macbook. That keyboard still concerns me. Let us know how it is. just looks wrong.
    MacBookPro 15", iPhone 3G

Successful trades : Cool Smiley, wally4000, macrob69, kaisersozay x2, gilligan911,
    step_andy, neo, mac_man_luke, Clockwork, iMarty, Simo, natakim, chocho, ARB, macman, Goodbye, gregh
    nightelves, suryo, TheKeddi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SoVeReIgN &#064; May 27 2006, 07&#58;42 AM) [snapback]176273[/snapback]</div>
    haha okay okay i apologise, but in my defense - I couldnt get a mini DV -> DVI converter anywhere yesterday, Apple Centre, Myer, David Jones... None had one
    [/b]
    Hehe... As much as I like Mac OS X, I don&#39;t hate Win XP. And yeah, when I get an intel Mac, I&#39;ll be putting Windows on it also (or at the very least using Windows apps on it), cos the reality is there as some things I need which OS X just can&#39;t do.

I find it annoying that they didn&#39;t include the video adapters with the MacBook, unlike the PBs that came with adapters to connect to both VGA and DVI displays. Might be quicker getting one from the Apple Store Online?

www: robv.net | twitter: @robvnet

will you guys actually see a difference between MB and MBP (entry-level) when running non-GPU applications?? In theory, running office, 2D and daily stuff on both MB and MBP wouldn&#39;t have much difference (same CPU, HD rpm and memory).

My friend ordered a white one last Monday, will help her to install all sort of stuff, you guys reckon it would get here by end of this month?? even though, apply said it won&#39;t happen after 1st of June

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast