Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

iStat Pro 2.3 adds Support for MacBook Pro batteries aswell as Drive Filtering

iStat nano 1.5 fixes a bug with MacBook Pro battery support and adds Drive Filtering

What is drive filtering you ask
    Drive Filtering is a new feature we have been developing that will exclude CD's,DVD's and dmg's from being displayed in both iStat Pro and iStat nano

Download both from iSlayer.com
    Enjoy

Nice one islayer, a good little update to a great widget.
    2.66ghz MacBook Pro i7, 23" Apple Cinema Display.

iSlayer, sorry to hi-jack the thread.

But will iStat Pro support the fan / temps in an iMac G4 800mhz at any point?

i dont think so

my iStat nano says there is a new version available - but it seems islayer.net is down?
    You got problems your end?

I wasn't sure if you were aware of this.
    Oh I'm on a PB using latest Mac OS X and safari.
    page / site won't load.
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

yep, won't load my side via Firefox either
    _______
    Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz Intel Core i5, 8GB ram, Intel mac mini 2.26GHZ, 4GB ram, Airport Express, ATV2, iPhone 4 & 3Gs and various un/necessary gadgets and gizmos, OS 10.8

The website is down
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

We're trying to sort it out, but it looks like we're being DDOSed It'll be up as soon as we can get it up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(marc &#064; Sep 2 2006, 01&#58;31 PM) [snapback]210211[/snapback]</div>
    We&#39;re trying to sort it out, but it looks like we&#39;re being DDOSed It&#39;ll be up as soon as we can get it up.
    [/b]
    DDOSed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDOS

DoS attacks have two general forms:
    Force the victim computer(s) to reset or consume its resources such that it can no longer provide its intended service.
    Obstruct the communication media between the intended users and the victim in such that they can no longer communicate adequately.
    A "denial-of-service" attack is characterized by an explicit attempt by attackers to prevent legitimate users of a service from using that service. Examples include
    attempts to "flood" a network, thereby preventing legitimate network traffic
    attempts to disrupt connections between two machines, thereby preventing access to a service
    attempts to prevent a particular individual from accessing a service
    attempts to disrupt service to a specific system or person
    Not all service outages, even those that result from malicious activity, are necessarily denial-of-service attacks. Other types of attack may include a denial of service as a component, but the denial of service may be part of a larger attack.[/b]
    MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 15" | iMac Core 2 Duo 20"
    iPod 5G 30GB | iPod nano 4GB | Apple TV 40GB | iPhone 3G 8GB

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Simo &#064; Sep 2 2006, 01&#58;58 PM) [snapback]210219[/snapback]</div>
    DDOSed?
    [/b]
    A DDoS is a distributed denial of service attack. For more information on what a denial of service (DoS) attack is see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack.

Nasty

Yeah, it looks like someone&#39;s decided they don&#39;t want our site up. If that&#39;s actually what&#39;s happened then it really sucks. Lucky I don&#39;t know who they are or I&#39;d be jumping on a plane an paying them a visit

Could this delay istat.app?

Could this delay istat.app?

Site is back up now.
    Grabbed both the new iStat nano and pro... and now can&#39;t decide which one to use.
    I think the pro is the winner for me today. Has gone through some pretty big changes since I looked at it last&#33;

Did notice one minor thing - under battery section - you have a heading cycles: but then the data it seems to be obtaining also says cycles? (Mmm not very articulate of me - so I&#39;ll add a screen shot)

Thanks though iSlayer (et al)&#33; still making the best widgets I&#39;ve seen&#33;&#33;&#33;
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

some people still may have a few problems with the site today and tomorrow even
    i transferred the dns to my spare server so we could put up a message explaining what was happening so some people may get that site today and tomorrow until the dns updates properly and points to the old server again