Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 44
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Parramatta
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    Apple iPhone by Motorola
    New fuel was added to the Apple branded phone fire in a post at TreoMac.com, saying that Motorola was working on an Apple-branded phone with iTunes and iPhoto integration. According to the post, the phone featured a top-located media card slot, and possibly a bottom-located USB port.

    No other information is available as of yet.
    Link to page.
    Just Chillin.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    I really don't think so.

    Apple doesn't and won't (IMO) put Media card slots in their products.

    Apple uses Firewire and not USB. And its a phone. Why do you need USB when there's BT

    Most of the rumors before a Macworld/Apple show not from "normal" sites are fake. I have learnt from the past.

    And why would Apple introduce a Phone all of a sudden?
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

  3. #3

    Default

    nice!

    i really want an apple phone...
    1.0Ghz 15" TiBook, MBP 13" 2.4/4/256, MBA 13" 2013 1.7/8/128 SSD, 1st Gen 5GB iPod (mint condition), 2nd Gen 10GB iPod, iPod video, nano and shuffle, iPhone 3GS 32GB, iPhone 5 32GB

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Parramatta
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    Originally posted by Phillip@Dec 15 2004, 11:03 PM
    I really don't think so.

    Apple doesn't and won't (IMO) put Media card slots in their products.

    Apple uses Firewire and not USB. And its a phone. Why do you need USB when there's BT

    Most of the rumors before a Macworld/Apple show not from "normal" sites are fake. I have learnt from the past.

    And why would Apple introduce a Phone all of a sudden?
    well the reason for media cards is because that is was all phones are using and by the way lets not forget that this is a phone made BY motorola FOR Apple. and the firewire thing... is purely because of the fact that PC ppl use USB more than Firewire.. chances are they dont even know what firewire is... and one more thing... apple had said that they were partnering up with motorola to put iTunes into a mobile... so this is a logical step.

    then again i may be reallly ecited because i want a apple iPhone and beliving anything because its 12:15 and im tired. so yer.
    Just Chillin.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dee Why, Sydney
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    They've been saying this since 2001, and it still hasn't happened yet.
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Parramatta
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    what? no they said that they partnered up with them around the middle of this year...

    here's the link direct from the apple site http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2004...6motorola.html

    and some more news on where the rumor came from are here http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000540022981/
    Just Chillin.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Dee Why, Sydney
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    Right. Well i'm sure i remember hearing rumours about an "Apple Phone" in 2001.
    Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Originally posted by ipod_man@Dec 16 2004, 12:09 AM
    well the reason for media cards is because that is was all phones are using and by the way lets not forget that this is a phone made BY motorola FOR Apple. and the firewire thing... is purely because of the fact that PC ppl use USB more than Firewire.. chances are they dont even know what firewire is... and one more thing... apple had said that they were partnering up with motorola to put iTunes into a mobile... so this is a logical step.

    then again i may be reallly ecited because i want a apple iPhone and beliving anything because its 12:15 and im tired. so yer.
    Made by Motorola with Motorola name and brand - Yes
    Made by Motorola with Apple name "iPhone" and brand - No

    Or to add to this rumor, maybe they are making an iPhone with built in flash memory - thats why Apple is buying loads of the flash memory right now!
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,050

    Default

    Phillip is right, because if Apple branded it, they'd have to provide support and documentation. By having Moto produce a Mac-compatible phone, Moto take care of everything.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Slaying Vampires
    Posts
    6,302

    Default

    and we all know that apple wont make a pda
    i think that virtually rules out a phone aswell.

    a moto phone with appe software for sure

  11. #11
    iluvmymactoo Guest

    Default

    It could be likely that Motorola are working on an Apple specific phone under advice by them, but hardly likely that Apple are actually going to produce it.

    Isn't there a Nokia phone that uses window$ technology around? Maybe this so called "iPhone" will be similar to that idea and in that case this would be a Motorola project.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Yea, Apple better soon release some sort of 'phone.

    Even if only to give some legitimacy to their domain name: http://www.iphone.org


  13. #13

    Default

    Originally posted by islayer@Dec 16 2004, 07:23 AM
    and we all know that apple wont make a pda
    i think that virtually rules out a phone aswell.

    a moto phone with appe software for sure
    Steve has said that Apple won't make a PDA because he sees PDA functionality being absorbed into the mobile phone market. If I recall correctly he said he didn't want to enter the crowded phone market, but when you consider convergence, Apple will probably want to enter it in some capacity if they want to retain any of their iPod revenue.

    -Ronin with Scissors

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    Originally posted by Phillip@Dec 15 2004, 11:48 PM
    Made by Motorola with Motorola name and brand - Yes
    Made by Motorola with Apple name "iPhone" and brand - No
    Well its happened before
    Apple iPod from HP or sometimes its called Apple iPod + HP

    So we could have Apple iPhone + Motorola
    It'd just be a moto internals with white apple design or something
    and they'd market is as a limited edition motorola phone that has been designed by apple.

    You just know that if its true its going to be white with polished silver. And it'll probably have its own scroll wheel or something on it. Apple is going to make some serious bank off the whole ipod craze.
    I have no successful trades

  15. #15

    Default

    Could it just be something like iTunes for Symbian OS ?

    Where else to download your ringtones from but the iTunes Music Store ?

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    495

    Default

    Didn't Apple already bring out the iPhone?

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Parramatta
    Posts
    3,357

    Default

    woah that looks so real whos your editor? that looks 100% belivable... where did you get it from?
    Just Chillin.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Originally posted by the_OM@Dec 16 2004, 07:13 PM
    Well its happened before
    Apple iPod from HP or sometimes its called Apple iPod + HP

    So we could have Apple iPhone + Motorola
    It'd just be a moto internals with white apple design or something
    and they'd market is as a limited edition motorola phone that has been designed by apple.

    You just know that if its true its going to be white with polished silver. And it'll probably have its own scroll wheel or something on it. Apple is going to make some serious bank off the whole ipod craze.
    The difference is people are saying Motorola is going to design and make it. What will Apple gain from that? It can only lower the reputation of Apple's design team.

    Apple iPod + HP is really just HP reselling the iPod. BUT HP gets to put in [HP: INVENT] on it and in return they supply iTunes across their consumer computers.

    Apple doesn't know how to design a Phone thats going to be as good as the iPod in music players. Take the iPod in this case, it took them a while before the third generation iPod which ignited the iPod Phenomenon. The best Apple can do is work with Motorola and start learning from them. Maybe latter on, if they are confident enough, then they will make a Smartphone. A PDA + a Phone. Thats the future.
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    6,201

    Default

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000997023998/
    Apple and Moto announce partnership on cellphone
    There’s been a lot of mublings about Motorola and Apple working on a cellphone together, and even an iTunes capable phone Moto was already supposed to roll out. Today, however, the bomb dropped: Apple officially announced some kind of cellphone partnership which would result not just in a Motorola phone that is iTunes capable, but in something users could call a proper “accessory” to their iPod, chiefly one that Apple should have a large part in the interface and exterior design of. The phone should be expected to have fully-enabled Bluetooth (spitting right in Verizon’s eye) and run “mid-range” (i.e. estimated $200-350 US), which we certainly didn’t see coming. As usual, we only know what little bit has leaked from Apple themselves, so we’ll keep you up to the minute with the usual rumors and conjecture as we get it. Until MacWorld, anyway.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

    Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Rockhampton, QLD
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I don't see the point in being able to download (via bluetooth or some download service) songs onto a phone. Hardly any storage space, the download would take forever (assuming you could fit a decent amount of songs onto it), and the battery life would suck total ass.

    I mean it looks and sounds like a great gadget, but really, whats the point? And i'm sure we wont' be able to use it in Australia for some reason anyway....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •