Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    disgust Guest

i like the dirt, i dont ride much in summer , in my mind the tracks are too dangerous (dust slide outs)& family picnics. I prefer the mud and dark ( i lurv night riding thru the trails). I get on my bike do some night rides and get 2 freak out when a kangaroo jumps across my path, but hey i'm sorry i startled him...it's his turf.
    The senses are so alive in the night when you have to listen look and be so alert to your surrounds.

I get so incesned by nob heads who ride thru traffic wearing and ipod & no helmet. When a car hits you it really hurts, why do these tools seem to glide thru traffic unaware of the dangerous knife edge they are balanced upon.

Motorbikes count?

Then yes, got me a Honda CBR250 as I'm only on my Ps atm.

yep, my pushy is my standard method of transport.

Sure do. I ride mostly XC, though I have been known to take my "XC" rig down a few downhill trails from time to time.
    I took it for a nice long ride on Monday. Mostly onroad but I found 10km of singletrack to play on as well. I rode from Kensington Gardens to Clayton Bay, via the freeway bikepath, Aldgate, Mylor, Strathalbyn. 91km in 4 hours.

Here's my trusty steed.
    2002 Raceline Expert
    Upgraded with:
    Marz MX Comp fork
    XT 755 Calipers
    Hope floaty rotors
    Thomson seatpost
    Spec. Telluride Saddle
    And most important.... my super dooper oversize titanium barends. Just what you need for nudging kangaroos, trees and pedestrians out of the way.
    Grrrr, Arrrrghhh!!!
    http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/8259491826/photos
    My Photo Gallery

disgust Guest

Originally posted by iMac@Apr 22 2006, 12:14 AM
    Motorbikes count?

Then yes, got me a Honda CBR250 as I'm only on my Ps atm.
    motorbikes..2 wheeled bogans. Sorry i resent the fact i can be in the bush on my MTB and come across the sound of a lawn mower. Each to their own.

mjankor has that beast ever seen dirt? i know rain & your town dont often meet but tha'ts a pavement pushy.

Yeah I do MTB when ever I can
    Alu iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo / iPod Touch 16gb / iPod 3G 20gb
    MBP 2.5ghz Core 2 Duo

Bike lover here too.

I didn't get my license till i was 24. Rode EVERYWHERE. Gets a bit tricky commuting now that i'm in the country though...
    iMac C2Duo, MacBook Pro C2Duo, iPhone 3Gs
    Tradies : applecollector / thatfilthyspringbok / decryption / mwot / c3017474 / wowbagger / squozen / jarrodb / jaysee

Ahhh, now we're talkin.
    Giant TCR pushie, lit up like a Christmas tree, helmet, no ipod and I stop at red lights.
    Isn't it amazing how much better you feel about a day at work when you cycle?

disgust Guest

thats my ride, its a bit dirtier than that! sweet ride though so smooth. I'll be on it today after some good dirt makin rain last night.

Originally posted by disgust@Apr 22 2006, 12:44 AM
    motorbikes..2 wheeled bogans. Sorry i resent the fact i can be in the bush on my MTB and come across the sound of a lawn mower. Each to their own.

mjankor has that beast ever seen dirt? i know rain & your town dont often meet but tha'ts a pavement pushy.
    Err it has been washed just before that shot.

It sees dirt on pretty well every ride. I ride the Randells or Andersons downhill tracks just to get home from work. Most of the soil and rocks in our area is quartzite based so it doesn't exactly build up on the bike. That may well change now that it's finally started raining.

It's a 2002 bike. No bike from 2002 will stay clean, even ridden solely on the road unless...........Well there's this thing called maintenance.

Pavement pushy my arse.

Edit: I should add. The bike lives inside as we don't have a garage so it has to be cleaned if it gets dirty.
    Grrrr, Arrrrghhh!!!
    My Photo Gallery

I ride.
    My mtb is similar to yours disgust - except it's the first incarnation of GT's new spin on the i-drive; an 04 IDXC 1.0. I sold my car to buy it - then converted my first decent mtb into a commuter, then realized that I never rode my Specialized hardtail anymore, so reduced the fleet to two.

On the commuting note, nothing makes me angrier than seeing people riding without a stack hat. I've had too many close calls to remember, and I was cleaned up by a taxi just before Christmas - my stack hat saved my life. The thing is, no matter how careful and aware you think you are, you never know when someone else is going to do something completely stupid.
    Unfortunately it seems that cyclists are often only visible to motorists when they're doing the wrong thing. I try to obey the road rules when commuting, but sometimes it's safer, and less inconvenient for other road users, if you stretch the rules a wee bit.

Anyway, I love riding.

my 1997 Schwinn Frontier GSX, chromoly steel frame.
    it has gone through 3 forks and 6 wheels... countless other fast wearing parts.

the only thing that is original are the frame and the bottom bracket.

i need to go out and ride more :huh:
    the devils is in the details

disgust Guest

Originally posted by sgc7of7@Apr 22 2006, 11:06 AM
    I ride.
    On the commuting note, nothing makes me angrier than seeing people riding without a stack hat. I've had too many close calls to remember, and I was cleaned up by a taxi just before Christmas - my stack hat saved my life. The thing is, no matter how careful and aware you think you are, you never know when someone else is going to do something completely stupid.
    Unfortunately it seems that cyclists are often only visible to motorists when they're doing the wrong thing. I try to obey the road rules when commuting, but sometimes it's safer, and less inconvenient for other road users, if you stretch the rules a wee bit.

Anyway, I love riding.
    yep bike helmets save lives. I got cleaned up by a P plater reversing out of a drive way last year. Cops Ambulance the works. I thought i was going to be eating thru a straw for the rest of my days. But a good Lid saved my life, so now i just take it soo much more cautiously.
    Riders who don't obey road rules, don't deserve to be respected by other road users. It works both ways, drivers who are dicks get it back.

Both - have 3 bikes - 2x roadies (Giant TCR2 Carbon, Scott 309 - used for triathlon racing/training) and a mtb (KHS Alite2000) with slicks at the moment as i use it as a commuter, but have done a wee bit of XC (eg Sleepless in the Saddle 24 hour race) . Best way to get to work in Melbourne - cycle paths are pretty good but city riding still sucks . Miss the cycling in the UK around Cambridge - weather sucked but great scenery and hardly any traffic.

Superpolitik
    | Breaks/Electronica

Trades
    :Tryme,Alessiman,Chris(x2),iSlayer,rob05,c3017474, eyeLikeCarrots,mjankor,pipsqeek,estoyloco,gring,fu nkmaster_dan,Cudex,eversuns,mikinoz,jeremy_warnock ,FBTN,Maximage,
    tintinaujapon,mulquemi,Simo

Nothing pisses me off more than watching Mum and Dad riding bikes along with little Johnny and Jane and NONE of them have a helmet on!

I'm sick and tired of seeing people come into work their heads all beated up because they didn't want to wear a helmet (for whatever reason). That goes for skateboarding too, seen too many teenagers who can now do nothing more than sit in bed and dribble out of one side of their mouth, not even being able to say hello to their family.

Granted it's usually always the cyclists fault, car drivers don't look for you, or don't see you, or blatantly do something stupid which ends up in you getting nailed, but ultimately, if you don't wear a helmet, you're a temporary Australian at best.

Having said all that... to quote Seinfeld:

"The only thing dumber than the helmet is the helmet law, the point of which is to protect a brain that is functioning so poorly, itís not even trying to stop the cracking of the head that itís in..."

Survival of the fittest???
    Successful Trades: krazy1, Astr0b0y, soulman, areal, smdnetau, Huy, Alessiman, step_andy, tibook, mulquemi, BoxDog, Devski, The Keddi, decryption

Yup cyclist here as well, always wear my helmet, I am on my third helmet in two years, the other two got killed in accidents and I am glad I was wearing them...

My ride is an 05 Cinder cone, previously a Giant ATX....

Sadly since moving to Melbourne I have not been able to get muddy very much, so my newbie bike is a pavement warrior most of the time.

Yeah, some day down the track I want to get either a nice dirtjump bike like a STP1 or a nice Kona freeride Dual.

Ahhhhhhh....
    Alu iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo / iPod Touch 16gb / iPod 3G 20gb
    MBP 2.5ghz Core 2 Duo

I love mtb riding (and motorbike riding). Only have a GT racing triple triangle MTB at the moment (no dirt bike these days).

I ride a KTM EXC 250 RFS with a HT Racing 351 Big Bore Kit in it.
    There is nothing better than taking it for a ride through the State Forest around the Glass House Mountains where I live.
    It really helps to clear my mind and helps me forget the stupid* computers I sit in front of all day.
    That is a picture of me on my bike in my Avitar.

*(I love them really)
    Is the Hokey-Pokey really what it's all about?

Any Adelaide riders? Where are your favorite haunting grounds?
    Grrrr, Arrrrghhh!!!
    My Photo Gallery

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast