Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35

I can honestly say that I have never overtaken a female on a bicycle just because of her gender. It's always good to have a view when possible

But as a guy who's tall and overweight, I am often overtaken by arrogant knobs who think this guy probably cant ride fast. Like this Tuesday I was coming up to the lights at Sydney Rd and Park St, for those who know inner Melbourne.

I stopped behind the line in the bicycle lane and some guy swooped right past and came to a stop right in front of me in the middle of the pedestrian crossing. When the lights turned green he didn't even take off fast, so I made a point of staying a metre behind him for about a kilometre, watching him puffing and looking back to see if I was still there. I turned off, but it would've been fun if I kept following.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork View Post
    Still... why do I get this feeling I'm the only cyclist who enjoys the sometimes utterly superb legs and bum of a woman in motion?
    Am I the only pervert in Sydney??? Is everyone else homosexual? WHAT IS THE DEAL, GUYS??
    The effects of testosterone poisoning vary from bloke to bloke. It turns some of us into sex obsessed voyeurs and others into hyper competitive twats.

Quote Originally Posted by savas View Post
    I stopped behind the line in the bicycle lane and some guy swooped right past and came to a stop right in front of me in the middle of the pedestrian crossing. When the lights turned green he didn't even take off fast, so I made a point of staying a metre behind him for about a kilometre, watching him puffing and looking back to see if I was still there. I turned off, but it would've been fun if I kept following.
    Oh they do indeed get very toey if one tails them at a close range "without" overtaking - regardless of whether the tailer is male or female.

My nemesis is this utter prat who is always coming towards me on my way home from work.
    He sports... no helmet... and... no breaks - just completely reckless at the highest speed he can muster.
    One afternoon, it was a near head on collision, where his right pedal clipped my right pedal... but the next time, I will kindly stop him, politely ask him to get off his mame-o-cycle and then I shall swiftly hurl it over the embankment.

This testosterone fueled stupidity must be halted in small increments.
    Lorks! Oh lordy! My bottom's on fire!!
    [Joan of Arc -
    1431]

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    The effects of testosterone poisoning vary from bloke to bloke. It turns some of us into sex obsessed voyeurs and others into hyper competitive twats.
    I get this, but then, would these guys consider themselves BIG MEN if they king punched a woman?

(I'm not including men who physically abuse their spouses in this equation).
    [Joan of Arc -
    1431]

Default Do you ride bikes?

Quote Originally Posted by ClockWork View Post
    This testosterone fueled stupidity must be halted in small increments.
    No helmet, high speeds and reckless riding. Combine that with the self obsessed hipsters that ride at night without ANY lights let alone reflectors!

It's bad enough putting up with them as a cyclist, but I fear I'll one day hit one driving.

I'll give this post a couple more days - but what's ... well... unusual here - is the distinct lack of input.
    I mean usually, one can post a controversial topic here and everyone's got an opinion... so - is it wise to presume that all the guys who normally post here are avoiding this one as they may be part pf the 98% of males who must over take a woman at all cost, due to a testicular malfunction?

Seriously, I won't bite you - I'm just curious to read it straight from the horses mouth.
    [Joan of Arc -
    1431]

I keep hearing that a lot of the old guard have moved on to greener pastures, though I'm not sure exactly where that is.

When I was riding regularly, which is a while back now, I used to pass everyone. I had to be King of the Road. Nothing mattered more to me and I considered it poor form to perv at women in any case. These days I'd be far happier to sit back and enjoy the view but I live a long way from anywhere where there is any regular bike traffic so I don't get the option.

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35