Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who!

Just thought i fire out a heads up.
    New season of Dr Who is out.

Yay - i've got something to watch for my flight back to melbourne
    Trying hard not to watch it now.
    MacBook Pro | 2.26 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HD

Are you trying to get AppleTalk in trouble?
    nard

Oh oops. Close and delete then.

Why would they want to even bother with Appletalk? They go after the sites that do this. Cant wait to see it. I'll have to wait and see if ABC are fast enough to air it before its on my HDD otherwise its their OWN fault!
     Steve Jobs: Stay hungry. Stay foolish.

sheesh. come on guys - if and when appletalk gets in trouble for talking about TV, i'll close the thread. Until that day - discuss doctor who!

Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Last year didnt have the bandwidth... this year... I do... but I don't think I'll be d'ling it... Of course, if the ABC are still umming and erring about it in 6-8 weeks from now... that may change.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Hehehehe i broke. Just watched it. FAAAANTASTIC

Originally posted by Disko@Apr 17 2006, 12:47 AM
    sheesh. come on guys - if and when appletalk gets in trouble for talking about TV, i'll close the thread. Until that day - discuss doctor who!
    h34r: I didn't mean trouble for talking about TV. It doesn't matter now because scruffie kindly edited his post.
    nard

HDK's Avatar HDK is offline You can't scare me with this Gestapo crap.

Bring back K9!!

Edit: Actually forget K9, I just wanna see Billie Piper again :blink:
    mactalk sold out when decryption took over with an ego the size of google.

Are you talking about the 10th doctor?
    Alu iMac 2.4ghz Core 2 Duo / iPod Touch 16gb / iPod 3G 20gb
    MBP 2.5ghz Core 2 Duo

Originally posted by HDriveKilla@Apr 17 2006, 07:25 AM
    Bring back K9!!

Edit: Actually forget K9, I just wanna see Billie Piper again :blink:
    K9 does make a return this series. Episode 3, School Reunion, will have both K9 and Sarah-Jane Smith.

I saw confidential S02-01 and it blew me away...this series should be interesting, despite the change of Doctor. Bringing back Sarah-Jane and K9 were brilliant ideas.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Not the best of episodes but when we're saying that of this quality it's very good news indeed. Just a shame my favourite torrent site isn't carrying it.
    Pass the crystal, spread the Tarot, in illusion comfort lies

http://www.mistfall.com/

I'll take K-9 over Billie anyday!

Can't wait to see episode 3!
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

I watched it last night. Interesting to say the least. David Tennant plays a different doctor, more serious than Chris Eccleston, yet on par with my expectations. K9 will be a great nostalgia trip. I wonder if he will be the Radio Controlled, or computerised?

This is an email virus for Mac OS X. It works on the honor system. Please start deleting random files on your system and forward this message to everyone in your address book.

Don't forget that the BBC site has a free commentary to download (20mb MP3 file).

I thought the pre-credits bit was a bit more touching than I'd normally attribute to the series - I'm going all soppy. The rest was generally good, though the trailer for Tooth & Claw (ep 2) looked ace.

I'm off to the US in a couple of weeks, and I've been dvd-er-izing my DW videos so that I've got stuff to watch... I've managed to get all the available Hartnell stuff, about half of which I've never seen before. That's my consolation for flying off to somewhere I'm not going to be able to watch the new series in...
    http://www.lilformers.com/home.php - my favoritist webcomic at this exact moment.

From the promo K9 looks like he is "original", as in he looks like a flesh and steel prop on set, but some of his moves look "enhanced". I dont imagine you'll hear his characteristic motor whirring as he moves somehow.
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Originally posted by cosmichobo@Apr 18 2006, 10:54 AM
    From the promo K9 looks like he is "original", as in he looks like a flesh and steel prop on set, but some of his moves look "enhanced". I dont imagine you'll hear his characteristic motor whirring as he moves somehow.
    Its not K9 unless he has his motor. Any news on the Voice Actor?

This is an email virus for Mac OS X. It works on the honor system. Please start deleting random files on your system and forward this message to everyone in your address book.

I keep getting the feeling, just after watching the Xmas Invasion, that the episodes start out really well, but die towards the end. Maybe it's just too laughably easy for the Doctor to defeat the aliens sometimes. There's not enough of the real terror of the old DW and the characters are all painfully shallow. Mind you, it's hard not to say that about the old series sometimes.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Paxton, they've got John Leeson back to do K9's voice (as they should).

Currawong... I just hate the sonic screwdriver... We need JNT's ghost to come back and destroy it again. The original series certainly had its moments with "Oh I just pushed this button here and the baddy died... I'll explain later...", but more often than not they delivered better quality endings. Of course, fitting a good story into 40 minutes with a non-rushed ending isn't easy... even with the faster pace of "modern" tv compared to the 60's/70's...

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast