Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who!

The latest to air, "girl in the fireplace" was pretty damn cool...

markh you have missed one then :P
    "The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a 'mouse'. There is no evidence that people want to use these things."
    John C. Dvorak in the San Francisco Examiner, February 1984

Nope.. Its waiting to be watched ;-) YAY.. Cybermen... TopGear has been taking my viewing time....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(markh &#064; May 15 2006, 09&#58;43 PM) [snapback]172222[/snapback]</div>
    Nope.. Its waiting to be watched ;-) YAY.. Cybermen... [/b]
    Wait untill next weekend if you want to avoid a week of anxiety and frustration.

Well, I got fed up... Today I&#39;ve watched all of the new episodes (bar ep2).

Again, a mixture of feelings with Davies&#39; version of WHO... But all in all, not bad.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

I hate being left stuck on a two parter. However, this two parter does not feel as good as the season one two parter, when they were stuck in WW2... "are you my mummy?" God I love that double - written by writing god and a mentor to me in some ways Steven Moffat (Coupling, Press Gang, The Office).

And the third episode with Anthony Head (Buffy, Little Britian etc) was just awesome&#33;

Looking forward to more&#33;&#33;&#33;

SPOILERS
    (Only very basic ones, but if you&#39;ve read NOTHING of the new series...)

Well, I&#39;ve just watched Tooth & Claw too now, so I&#39;m fully up to date.

Just checked ABC&#39;s schedule... no WHO for at least another 5 weeks. At least last time round they&#39;d started airing them mid way through the UK screenings. This time they&#39;ll have finished before the ABC starts. Was a helping factor in my decision to BT. And that I&#39;m here alone while my fiance&#39;s in Melb for a funeral. Mind you - I then sat here all soppy after seeing Sarah Jane & K9, and then that French chick.
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Ah nostalgia...

I just remembered a short I half wrote many many years ago... Seeing "School Reunion" reminded me.

Many many years ago, and unedited despite having seen several errors, etc...

The wind swept in over the sea, playing with the crepe streamers and paper cups left littering the sandy foreshore of Brighton beach. The large banner proclaiming the opening of Brighton Pavilion was still up, though it now sagged sadly, battered by the forces of nature, and young boys who thought it would be fun to try and pull it down. Various deck chairs lined the beach, though none were occupied. Only a fool would wish to go swimming, or spend their time resting on the beach, on a day like this one.

A woman stood, leaning on the rails up near the parking area. Her eyes stare out to sea, having already been passed over the beach. The wind ruffled her dark, curly hair. She stands out against the horizon, her yellow raincoat a beacon against the bleakness. "Hello," a voice said behind her, the wind blowing all around, yet somehow not distorting this man&#39;s voice. She turned her head slightly, as the stranger joined her at the rail.

He smiled at her. "Nice day," he said, as he looked at her. She laughed. "Absolutely marvellous. Perfect for this time of year, in fact&#33;" The grey clouds moved overhead. "You look as though you&#39;ve lost someone. Or as though someone has lost you." For a moment, she continued staring out to sea. Then she turned and looked at this strangely dressed man. "You could say that. Actually, I was just hoping someone I know might have been here."

Her reply had come only after a moment&#39;s thought. She was surprised at how this man somehow drew her out of herself. "He was always telling me he wanted to make it to the Opening of Brighton Pavilion. I thought this year he might, by some miracle, have made it." The stranger smiled at the ocean. "I take it he didn&#39;t?" The woman turned, now resting her lower back against the rail. "No. No, he didn&#39;t. But then, I don&#39;t suppose I really expected he would. I mean, not really. Well, it was a pretty stupid thought, really," her voice sounded sad, depressed. "Pretty silly of me to think he&#39;d turn up on the right day for once in his life. Once in his lives."

"Oh, you never - " the stranger suddenly pauses. "Lives? He has more than one, this friend of yours?" he asked her. She grinned at him, and could see no reason not to tell the truth. What was the worst that could happen? He&#39;d think she was crazy? These days she was beginning to wonder that herself. "Oh yes," she nodded her head seriously. "Two hearts, too." She leant over towards him conspiratorially. "He&#39;s actually an alien from another planet; but don&#39;t ask me about that, because he wouldn&#39;t take me there."

"I&#39;m sorry," he said to her, turning to look into her eyes. She nearly laughed at this stranger&#39;s apparent care, but paused as she saw his eyes, looked into them for the first time, saw their depth, their mystery. "That&#39;s ok," she told him. He quickly grabbed her arm, gently, and stared fiercely into her eyes. "No, Sarah-Jane. I mean, I am really sorry I didn&#39;t take you to Gallifrey." Taking half a step back, ready to break free of his loose grip, her eyes opened wide, and then narrowed slightly. "It can&#39;t be," she said in disbelief.

He smiled boyishly at her. "&#39;Fraid so.

That&#39;s as far as I got... My intention was very fan-wankish, as I believe is the term. For "My" Doctor Who, I was going to start new stories with the new Doctor revisiting a few old friends. Wrote this and one for Nyssa too. Oh well...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cosmichobo &#064; May 18 2006, 01&#58;50 PM) [snapback]173253[/snapback]</div>
    Just checked ABC&#39;s schedule... no WHO for at least another 5 weeks. At least last time round they&#39;d started airing them mid way through the UK screenings. This time they&#39;ll have finished before the ABC starts. Was a helping factor in my decision to BT. And that I&#39;m here alone while my fiance&#39;s in Melb for a funeral. Mind you - I then sat here all soppy after seeing Sarah Jane & K9, and then that French chick.
    [/b]
    I think I read somewhere (and don&#39;t quote me on this, it could well be a figment of my imagination), that the BBC will take a break from Doctor Who while the World Cup is on. If I can find the link I&#39;ll post it, but until then take my post with a grain of salt. At the very least The Idiot&#39;s Lantern (Mark Gatiss&#39; episode for this series) will be aired on the 27th.

We&#39;re being pumped with some major adds for Dr Who at the moment, the main one being "Christmas in July" - I grabbed one of the adds last night from tv, thought it&#39;d be a hoot to put it up here for those people that somehow have missed it on ABC (I don&#39;t know how they play it every ten minutes) but still:

view here (4.9MB h264 encode): http://csutv.com/drwho/DrWho-ComingSoon.mp4

*Yawn* shame the haven&#39;t started it early when there are a couple more episodes to screen in the UK.. yay for channel BT

I guess they&#39;re waiting for &#39;Rocket Man&#39; to finish on Saturday nights. I reckon it would be an awesome Friday night show&#33;&#33;

Rocketman was ok, but not great. Glad silent witness is on friday nights again now

This second season of Dr Who has been fantastic so far. I think they&#39;ve heeded calls for fewer deus ex machina endings. About half the previous series seemed to finish on the premise "and then the Doctor/Rose/the Tardis/another character remembered the solution s/he/it&#39;d known all along".
    Times are bad. Children no longer obey their parents, and everyone is writing a book.

- Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Wasn&#39;t a big fan of the last one, but I guess they had to give Rose and the Dr a break - dare I say it, it felt like Blair Witch :P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawker &#064; Jun 22 2006, 09&#58;05 AM) [snapback]187055[/snapback]</div>
    Wasn&#39;t a big fan of the last one, but I guess they had to give Rose and the Dr a break - dare I say it, it felt like Blair Witch :P
    [/b]
    Actually felt more like a scooby do thing to me... but i agree, it was pretty lame in my opinion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MightyAtom &#064; May 15 2006, 08&#58;35 PM) [snapback]172205[/snapback]</div>
    Possible Spoilers

No they don&#39;t, they need to keep Rose forever and bring back Captain Jack. I suspect Captain Jack will be sent directly to Torchwood and we won&#39;t see him. The current storyline with Rose&#39;s homesickness is probably being setup as an exit for Rose. Mickey also has to leave for Torchwood at some point.
    [/b]

Rose / Billie Piper will not be doing the next season this is from an interview done recently
    G5 PM 1.6, 1.5 Gig Ram / G4 PM 450 / G3 iMac 333 / 20 Gig iPod 3G/2Gig Nano

Computers are useless. They just give you answers. "Pablo Picasso"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawker &#064; Jun 22 2006, 09&#58;05 AM) [snapback]187055[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]
    Of interest is the guest actors in this episode

Ursula plays Moaning Murtle off Harry Potter. How can you forget the voice&#33;

Also good to see Bridget A.K.A Robbie Cryer from The Bill make a guest appearence

Elton played Pvt. Albert Blithe in Band of Brothers. He was "blind" in Caratan before Lt Winters snapped him out of it.

I really do think I watch too much TV

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alessiman &#064; Jun 22 2006, 09&#58;13 AM) [snapback]187063[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]
    Pfft, I remember her from Hamish MacBeth, which shot Robert Carlyle to stardom :P

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alessiman &#064; Jun 22 2006, 09&#58;43 AM) [snapback]187063[/snapback]</div>
    Of interest is the guest actors in this episode

Also good to see Bridget A.K.A Robbie Cryer from The Bill make a guest appearence

Elton played Pvt. Albert Blithe in Band of Brothers. He was "blind" in Caratan before Lt Winters snapped him out of it.

I really do think I watch too much TV
    [/b]
    Nope, didn&#39;t like this one (Love & Monsters) - first one I didn&#39;t like of the new series. If you read the Outpost Gallifrey forums (http://gallifreyone.com), it&#39;s the first episode to really divide everyone; some love it, some loathe it.

The rest of this years series has been more consistently good than last years, and I continue to be amazed by the kind of things that can go to air at 7pm in the UK.

I still don&#39;t know if the new Doctor Who will ever surpass the old series, though I guess they still have 23 seasons to try&#33;
    http://www.lilformers.com/home.php - my favoritist webcomic at this exact moment.

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast