Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: PC Fonts to OSX

Hi All,

Probably a common question, but I have an enormous amount of Fonts on PC (paid for) which I need to convert to OSX. I have recently used a trial version of CrossFont4.1 to good effect but this has expired and I wanted to get your ideas before I purchase or download again. CrossFont did a good job with most - converting both Type1 and TT to either OSX TT or Open Type but some remain damaged for various reasons.

Can anyone suggest a better alternative?

Cheers amd thanks in advance...

Where are the dameged reports being generated from?

Extensis X1?

If so, id love it if you could post any resolutions you have found as i've lost a massive number of fonts due to the same reason.
    iMac C2Duo, MacBook Pro C2Duo, iPhone 3Gs
    Tradies : applecollector / thatfilthyspringbok / decryption / mwot / c3017474 / wowbagger / squozen / jarrodb / jaysee

Hawker-
    I have had a look at these apps and Transtype seems the go; but at $170+ it warrnats further investigation. CrossFont does the job for $49 so must compare. However TranType Pro claims to keep encoding, codepages, etc.

Does anyone/you know if tis works as well as it claims?

aa..
    Linotype FontExplorerX picks up the worst scenarios and is a free download from Linotype. Sorry lost the link but if ou want it let me know.

Any other suggestions?

Originally posted by butron@Mar 30 2006, 08:29 AM
    Probably a common question, but I have an enormous amount of Fonts on PC (paid for) which I need to convert to OSX.
    I think I'm missing something in your post. PC fonts (TrueType and OpenType) work on Mac OS X without conversion. Are you using a different format to these two?

TrueType should be natively supported from OS X 10.2 onwards.

However, if you still need a converter, check out this page:
    http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~luc/conversion.html