Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Much to my dismay, my G4 Powerbook 12" is not talking to my projector - an NEC VT460K - very nicely any more. When I try to use the projector, the picture has a bright yellow tint to it. Ive mucked around with colorsync and have been able to reduce the brightness of the yellow considerably, but not enough.

I have used mini dvi to vga and mini dvi to svideo connectors all to no avail - it stays yellow. I have tried the projector with another powerbook - a G4 15" - and it works fine.

Can anybody offer an explaination or, even better, a fix?

Pretty please

astr0b0y Guest

Have you tried the output on another display such as a TV? Does this have the same problem?

Because it works fine with another PowerBook I wouldn't say it was the projector....

What happens if you copy the ColourSync profile that works fine from the 15" PB to yours? Also what happens if you hook your PowerBook up to a normal LCD or CRT monitor?

When I hook it up to a TV, the result is the same. I havent got a monitor to test it on, but Ill give it a go today at work. The profile swapping doesnt make any difference, neither does trying every vanilla profile that comes with my mac

LCD monitor: yellow tinge

*bump*

I still havent been able to fix this. Any device I connect to my powerbook via the mini-dvi out has a really gross yellow tinge to it. It makes things very difficult!

Can anybody help??