Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hey everyone,

I just want to know if you have to be registered to sell apple products through your business?? I'm not asking about me.. I'm just wondering as I've purchased something off a business that I don't think is an "authorised apple dealer". Is that ok???

In reality, no if they are not authorised they cannot really sell to you. However, if you can check the warranty status of your product with apple here: www.apple.com/support and it has warranty, then I'd say you are fine! Althought you cannot really return the product to them if any warranty faults are found!

Is it different if you buy a product off ebay?

I just purchased applecare off a website, and was calling apple about something. the guy on the phone asked me how much i paid and then he was hassling me about where i bought it and that it's probably not legit and that i need to call him back. but i spoke to the person i bought it off and it's a legit copy, they aren't 'authorised' resellers, and didn't realise they needed to be. they buy apple products off a wholesaler.

does this mean the product is not valid?

The Apple wholesaler can get into a lot of poo, *if* they sell mac-related stuff to non Authorised resellers. Anyone can buy iPod stuff though!

Originally posted by jesski@Mar 9 2006, 01:34 PM
    I just purchased applecare off a website, and was calling apple about something. the guy on the phone asked me how much i paid and then he was hassling me about where i bought it and that it's probably not legit and that i need to call him back. but i spoke to the person i bought it off and it's a legit copy, they aren't 'authorised' resellers, and didn't realise they needed to be. they buy apple products off a wholesaler.
    No, buying off of ebay is fine because thats one person to another, although I know businesses use ebay to trade some old stock, be wary of those though. Many are scams....

Apple, also have Apple Authorised SecondHand resellers, which can also be better trusted when dealing with apple stock. For instance, this place is a second hand reseller: http://www.macsasnew.com.au/

Im not an autorised reseller

but there is lots of stuff I can sell legit.

ipods
    applecare
    monitors
    software (most)

to name just a bit...

basically I cant sell the 'puters and a few other things
    Kuma's Tales now on Tumblr

Oh ok.. thanks for that. Is there a list of what you can sell and what you can't???

only if I post it up....

but seriously like I said above

iPods and accessories
    monitors
    most software
    applecare

pretty much summarises what I can sell.

to sell computers, servers etc I need to be authorised

(but I can sell acer computers :blink: )
    Kuma's Tales now on Tumblr

The supplier you deal with that sells Apple stuff will be able to tell you what you can and can't sell.

Basically what Kuma said.

Almost everything but the computers.

pips
    WTF is Harmonytech? | The iBook Saga. | Successful Trades: Currawong, Byrd, xedos, Decryption, Greenie, Mivory
    sudo chmod 327 /etc/car/subaru

Anyone know a good link to info about becoming a reseller and what they require for you to become one?

(edit) there's a bit of a need up the sunshine coast way, and it's been getting me thinking...
    iMac C2Duo, MacBook Pro C2Duo, iPhone 3Gs
    Tradies : applecollector / thatfilthyspringbok / decryption / mwot / c3017474 / wowbagger / squozen / jarrodb / jaysee

I can buy and supply anything Apple except for Hardware. I can get ipods tho.

you have to be apple authorised customer to buy machines.

Well this is what express data told me and what I can see on their website.

thank you all for clearing this up for me

- jesski