Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

OK, this is sending me a bit crazy.

I have a number of ics files set up in iCal (has all my TV to watch in it, got the idea from this http://hublog.hubmed.org/archives/000456.html kinda cool huh??)

This is the issue, when I sync them, (to my iPod and Sony Ericsson T68i) they are out by 10 hours (Sydney is GMT + 10 Coincidence??)

My T68i time zone is set to +10 and my iPods time zone is set to Brisbane (doesn’t have Sydney??)

But still the 10+ hours. I cant find anything online, have googled for hours!

Please a little help?

Sounds like you have not set your Mac's timezone correctly. See the Date & Time preferences I think.

Steve C.
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4

Just an idea but the international dateline is just east of New Zealand (4 hours AHEAD of us) not the Greenwich meridian (which is longtitude 0 degrees: GMT being the time zone there). So Sydney is GMT + 10 (they (the poms) are 10 hours BEHIND us) e.g 7:00 am here (Melbourne) is 9:00 pm yesterday in England. Time zones are generally not counted from Greenwich (unless you are in England). Is there possibly some confusion here?
    EDIT: you can consider GMT to be AEST -10

Like I said, just an idea. Maybe you know all this and I have completely missed the point. Its all possible.

cheers, kim

Just tested then.. I have the same problem!

Idea number 2: I had a read of the instructions at HubLog (and I quote)" Run tv_grab_uk (or the version for your country) to make sure it works" If you in fact did run 'tv_grab_uk' it is going to set it (the application) up for GMT not (A)EST and everything will accordingly be out by ten hours. If the application is trying to compensate for the wrong time zone (i.e one which your machine is not set to) Nothing is going to synchronise properly. I am guessing that the 'version for your country' just has a time adjustment to prevent the problem you are speaking of

Originally posted by sfcoy@Sep 13 2004, 10:30 PM
    Sounds like you have not set your Mac's timezone correctly. See the Date & Time preferences I think.

Steve C.
    Yeah I have just checked this. Set to Sydney??

I have had a similar problem with my t68i every time we go in/out of daylight savings time. In iSync, pick 'Reset All Devices' from the 'Devices' menu. That works for me.

Cheers

Well I have set the time to London (Which is GMT) on my iPod and now all the times match up...

Weird!

You don't by any chance have "time zone support" turned on in the iCal preferences do you?

Maybe that is mixing things up.

Steve C.
    15" MacBook Pro 2.4