Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Is MacTalk Dead ???

What has happened to a once flourishing Mac Forum there has been no new news no new articals and the list goes on.

Whats the future plan for this site ???
    Macbook White 13" 2010 Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz, 1TB HDD, 4GB Ram | Apple TV 2010 | Mac Pro 2008 3.2GHz Quad Core, 32GB Ram| *Trade Feedback*

If you're expecting an answer from the owners, you'll be waiting a long time.

Word from the former moderators is that the new owners don't care, wouldn't allow them to run the site properly, and now the site is basically dead.

There's a group of former inhabitants over on appletalk.com.au - it's currently the next best thing to this once great site.

Why the owners chose to take this approach I have no idea. One can only assume they paid good money for it when purchased, so it seems absurd to burn that by not putting a little effort in to keeping the place alive.

Shame.
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

Its dead because Niche media never intended that it survive. It competed with their own forums, which are still active.

Wow just took a peek expecting the place not to be running at all. I thought everyone moved to Appletalk, if they haven't they should!
    Successful trade with: Clockwork.....(and what a trade!)

There's also a rather inactive (but I'd like to see it come to life again) "Macolytes" FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/macolytes1/
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

I cant access Appletalk today. Anyone got a clue?