Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Can't remove duplicate colour profile

I have a late 2006 iMac 20" running Lion 10.7.5. In Displays > Color, under 'Display profile:' it lists the following:

iMac
    iMac
    Adobe RGB (1998)
    Generic RGB Profile
    sRGB IEC61966-2.1

The second 'iMac' profile appears to be a duplicate of the first. When I hold the cursor over the first it shows:

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/iMac-4271640.icc

and when I hold the cursor over the second it shows:

/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays/iMac-00000610-0000-9c59-0000-000004271640.icc

I would like to remove the duplicate. I can go to ColorSync/Profiles/Displays, and drag the duplicate profile to the trash. Unfortunately this does not permanently remove it as when I restart or reboot it simply reappears back! Is there a way I can ensure it stays gone when I delete it?
    Last edited by DarkAvenger; 10th November 2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Rewording

I don't know, but I'm sure the guys at AppleTalk could answer - seems they all used to hang out here before this site died....

http://appletalk.com.au/
    MacTalk - the bianca's of geekdom
    thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

thecosmichobo - as seen on YouTube - "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" "Bigger on the Inside?" "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!" and lots more!

MacTalk is Dead..

But on the bright side, there's always the place everyone went to when it died:

http://appletalk.com.au/
    Last edited by cosmichobo; 27th November 2017 at 07:36 PM.