Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Iphone 5 battery

Any one else having problems with the battery. Mine seems to be lasting about 1/3 of the time it used to with my old 4... ? Im thinking I might have a dud battery or something.

Im using it on Optus in Perth in a 4g area.

You're more than likely just using it more now as is new. Give it a week.

I've noticed similar problems. Phone was on airplane mode overnight, lost 10%. That doesn't really seem right.

My plan is to give it a few cycles and see how it pans out.
     iMac 2011 21.5" 2.5ghz i5  Macbook 13.3" late 2009  iPhone 5 32gb (Telstra)  iPad 2 16gb 3G+Wifi (Telstra)  iPod 80gb 5G  Apple Tv 2  Airport Express

Terrible battery life on iPhone 5 here too.

Okay, i got some weird arse shit going on here. I did a restore of my iPhone 5 and now mine doesn't say Cellular Usage, but Mobile usage.
    Also, where it used to say Cellular Data, has now become Mobile Data.

And whilst on the subject, does anyones iPhone 5 show the WiFi+Cellular option?
    Thats missing for me too.

EDIT: I should clarify and say a full restore and clean install of Apps, no backup restore.
     27" iMac i7  iPad 64GB WiFi  iPhone 5 64GB White 

If you have an Apple Store near by go talk to the Genius and they should swap it out. Last year when this was a problem with 4S's the Genius's where told to "capture" any devices with battery issues so the higher ups could examine them and find the issue.

My 4S had the same issue but cause I don't live near an Apple Store I never got a chance to take it to them. They finally fixed it with 5.1 but that was a long wait to get proper battery life.
    iMac 24" Early 09, Mac Pro 2010.
    iPhone 5 64gb, iPad 3rd Gen 64gb Wifi

Quote Originally Posted by Shintaro View Post
    Okay, i got some weird arse shit going on here. I did a restore of my iPhone 5 and now mine doesn't say Cellular Usage, but Mobile usage.
    Also, where it used to say Cellular Data, has now become Mobile Data.
    The region settings will change that. Australia = mobile, most other countries = cellular. I'm stuck with "cellular" because I have my region set to Barbados - still the only way to get my calendar to start on Monday, annoyingly. :/
    "Woz, we need blue boxes not computers." (Steve Jobs).

Cool, thanks for the heads up!
    Can I ask why you specifically need to start your calendars on monday though?

Quote Originally Posted by Febs View Post
    The region settings will change that. Australia = mobile, most other countries = cellular. I'm stuck with "cellular" because I have my region set to Barbados - still the only way to get my calendar to start on Monday, annoyingly. :/
    Mine's set to Australia and still says cellular?
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Biallystock Guest

Because the week does start on a Monday?

Actually, technically the first day of the week is indeed Sunday.
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

I found it to be terrible until i disabled LTE. All of a sudden...perfect battery.

So after yesterday's pitiful battery life I did a clean restore and full discharge/recharge and it appears I'm already on track for FAR superior battery life. Remember that yesterday I lost 90% charge over just 5hrs40mins of standby and 3hrs25mins of usage (albeit over 3G and LTE, but still poor). So far now after 12hrs17mins on standby and 2hrs17mins of heavy browsing over wifi I still have 81%. Does that sound decent? This is my first iPhone so I don't know what to expect.

I think the battery needs to cycle through a few times so that you get a more accurate reading of battery usage and what's left.
    36 Trades

This is mine after after a restore & full drain/recharge.

My battery has gone flat after 5 1/2 hours. Usage was about 3 minutes of talking and 5 SMS's

Yeah my battery life is horrible too. Left the house for work at 11:30 today with 100% charge, and am now on 74% after only using it for a few text messages :S

I'm going to give mine a week, but it seems pretty poor. Today I unplugged it at 5am, gave it an hour's charge at 4pm, another 10 minutes at 7pm, and it was completely dead by 9:30pm. Usage included a bit of LTE, but less data than usual, a lot less calls than usual, very very minimal GPS (few minutes at most - and I made sure I didn't have any Geofences or persistent GPS set up), and normal SMS usage.

With that sort of usage my 3GS would last about the same length of time, with a really worn out battery.

My wife's seems to be lasting, even with a lot of LTE usage, so I'll see how mine goes. Might swap with her for a day to pin down the problem. Hope Apple have replacement stocks if it is a battery issue...

It's just what I'm used to.

Cheers,
    - Febs.
    "Woz, we need blue boxes not computers." (Steve Jobs).

Try turning LTE off for a day

I have literally sent 5 or so text messages in the space of 10/15 minutes and watched my battery life go from 97% to 93%. I might be pedantic but surely its not close to a % for every message...
    iPhone 4 32GB
    iMac 24" 2.4Ghz 2GB

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast