Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Talking

Hi Im wanting to upload 2 50mb video files for download then link to my iweb website. Im using .mac so can someone guide me through the steps of how I go about doing this. I want the videos on.mac and linked to in the website.. This is prob simple but Im new to this so bare with me.
    cheers

Isn't there a feature in iMovie to save for .mac - maybe you can just upload them and then add a direct link to them in a blog?

hmm i didnt know that ill take a look

no theres no direct .mac option under imovie, theres an iweb but no imovie .. any more ideas

Originally posted by grorr76@Jan 31 2006, 11:31 AM
    no theres no direct .mac option under imovie, theres an iweb but no imovie .. any more ideas
    what happens when you follow the iweb route in iMovie?

i get an error as i wanna upload a decnt looking clip and it cracks the shits with the size of the videos. so i feel offering a link to the videos as a decent sized download would be the better route if i can work out how to do it using .mac.

Originally posted by grorr76@Jan 31 2006, 11:58 AM
    i get an error as i wanna upload a decnt looking clip and it cracks the shits with the size of the videos. so i feel offering a link to the videos as a decent sized download would be the better route if i can work out how to do it using .mac.
    Your best bet is to upload it with an FTP client ? or maybe drag it onto your idisk (I think you can still do that with your .mac?) and then put a link to the videos on your iweb. either in your blog or create an external link, then put the full link... ie

mac.com/myname/movie1.mov

will give that a try much thanks..