Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default How to instal and connect POP3 mail app. that allows user added folders.

I have an iPad Mini (iOS 9) that is used often for email associated with social group. I need to be able to organise copies of email sent & received, but, as far as I can see there is no way of doing this in the Apple Mail app. I use a POP3 mail account facility provided by my ISP. I see there are alternative mail apps. that claim to be able to accept POP3 accounts (e.g. MyMail), but have not been able to get them to connect with my ISP. When setting them up I enter exactly the same details as are entered in Mail app. What's going wrong?
    "His hands were pure, but he had no hands."

Quote Originally Posted by GridLok View Post
    I have an iPad Mini (iOS 9) that is used often for email associated with social group. I need to be able to organise copies of email sent & received, but, as far as I can see there is no way of doing this in the Apple Mail app. I use a POP3 mail account facility provided by my ISP. I see there are alternative mail apps. that claim to be able to accept POP3 accounts (e.g. MyMail), but have not been able to get them to connect with my ISP. When setting them up I enter exactly the same details as are entered in Mail app. What's going wrong?

Who is your ISP?
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

My ISP is Southernphone. They provide a webmail (IMAP) facility, but this is unavailable offline (obviously), and I don't have mobile data.
    "His hands were pure, but he had no hands."