Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default What to use when cleaning the inside of a MacPro

Hi Guys and Gals,

I find my MacPro tower builds up with a lot of dust and fluff after use every few months.

What can people advise to use?

Something like a mini vacuum or dry air blower.

Any advise on successful tools would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Avoid vacuums as unless they are excellent quality there is a risk of static discharge, for this reason I only ever use cans of electronic/computer safe compressed air.

Quote Originally Posted by MadKiwi View Post
    Avoid vacuums as unless they are excellent quality there is a risk of static discharge, for this reason I only ever use cans of electronic/computer safe compressed air.

Agreed - electronics safe compressed air, its not worth risking killing your machine!
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Agreed - electronics safe compressed air, its not worth risking killing your machine!
    And I've seen it done, in 25 years of working in IT you see darn near everything.... including someone using an air compressor in a garage to blow dust out and then wondering why things no longer work with a thin film of goodness knows what over everything...
    Last edited by MadKiwi; 3rd February 2016 at 07:22 PM.