Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Angry Issues accessing Home Automation since NBN upgrade and switch to PPPoE

Hi All,

I was connected to bigpond cable via their modem and an Airport extreme with no issues and run Indigo home automaton software that uses prism reflector to externally access my home system form any device and also was working a treat.

Since changing to TPG NBN I now connect my airport extreme directly to the NBN using PPPoE and have been successfully using it with all my devices, netflix, songs etc but I now can no longer access my Indigo automation system and when I try and launch the reflector site or even access their Indigo Domotics - Advanced Mac-based Smart Home Hub site or any of the forums it simply times out and says server not found. When I run a local server for my automation devices it times out and says make sure I have an internet connection.

Can anyone direct me on how i check if there is something to do with ports, ip routing, ipv6 issues etc, I contacted indigo’s help and they said there are no know issues and it must be a local issue.

I connect directly using PPPoE, IPv6 Link-local only, router DHCP and NAT, DHCP lease 365 days, enable NAT port mapping protocol, enable default host, and enable IGMP Snooping

any advice on what could be causing this would be greatly appreciated

Check your DNS server settings by trying to ping www.indigodomo.com from a terminal session.

Go to Utilities/Terminal then type the command

ping www.indigodomo.com

And ensure that you get an IP address returned, if you do not the issue is with DNS settings. If DNS is the issue then ensure that whatever device you are getting DHCP from is also returning a DNS server and that it is the correct server for the ISP that you are using

Quote Originally Posted by MadKiwi View Post
    Check your DNS server settings by trying to ping Indigo Domotics - Advanced Mac-based Smart Home Hub from a terminal session.

Go to Utilities/Terminal then type the command

ping Indigo Domotics - Advanced Mac-based Smart Home Hub

And ensure that you get an IP address returned, if you do not the issue is with DNS settings. If DNS is the issue then ensure that whatever device you are getting DHCP from is also returning a DNS server and that it is the correct server for the ISP that you are using
    Thanks for the info MadKiwi

that did the trick

cheers

Great! Happy to have been able to help