Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default About to submit my new app

Hello,

First, to introduce myself. My name is Bill, I'm 18 (almost 19), and I live in Perth. I've just completed my first app, all I need to do now is implement all the developer features (iAds, Game Center etc.) but I'm having a bit of trouble.

I want to integrate iAds into my app, as it is free, but I have no idea how to fill out the Tax form. When I click on Set Up for tax info, I get presented with two forms - One for the US (which is required for everyone), and one for Canada. So I understand I have to fill out the US one. I click on the US one and it asks me two questions, both of which are asking if I'm living and operating in the US. I'm obviously not so I click no for both and a form is given to me.

Okay so here are the lines that I am unsure.

5. U.S. tax identification number
    6. Foreign tax identification number
    7. Reference number

9. (Checkbox) I certify that the beneficial owner is a resident of Australia within the meaning of the income tax treaty between United States and that country.
    10. Special Rates and Conditions: The beneficial owner is claiming the provisions of Article [ ] of the treaty identified on line 9a above to claim a [ ] % rate of withholding on (specify type of income):
    (Checkbox) Income from mobile advertising
    (Checkbox) Other (please specify)

[Box asking: Explain the reasons the beneficial owner meets the terms of the treaty article]

I've tried googling but I couldn't find anything certain, so I've come here to ask. Is 6. just my tax file number?

Thank you.

Sorry I don't know how to solve your problem, but I hope someone could help you here, best wishes!