Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm thinking a 32Gb model will suit me for my needs. I have a 60" 4K display in the lounge/media room, and am very disappointed that Apple failed to offer 4K in this iteration of the Apple TV- I have read that the hardware in the Apple TV is capable and potentially 4K might come in an OS upgrade....I doubt it though, what would they have to offer in an AppleTV 5?

Went to an Apple store today and they didn't have any stock as at about midday...might try my luck tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by supafly View Post
    I'm thinking a 32Gb model will suit me for my needs. I have a 60" 4K display in the lounge/media room, and am very disappointed that Apple failed to offer 4K in this iteration of the Apple TV- I have read that the hardware in the Apple TV is capable and potentially 4K might come in an OS upgrade....I doubt it though, what would they have to offer in an AppleTV 5?

Went to an Apple store today and they didn't have any stock as at about midday...might try my luck tomorrow.
    The Apple TV 4 can theoretically support 4K at 30p, but it doesn't have HDMI 2.0 so theres no full 4K at 60p.

Its all about making some more money out of the Apple TV 5, sadly at the expense of those who would like some sort of future proofing, or who already own a 4K TV.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    The Apple TV 4 can theoretically support 4K at 30p, but it doesn't have HDMI 2.0 so theres no full 4K at 60p.

Its all about making some more money out of the Apple TV 5, sadly at the expense of those who would like some sort of future proofing, or who already own a 4K TV.
    That's the Apple way now and why I won't spend any more hard earned cash on their gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2