Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Apple TV preorder

Doesn't state if Monday is USA only. These days it usually applies to all countries on the new product list. Since we are, and with the new controller, hopefully Monday is the day down under.
    iMac 27" i7, 16GB RAM Late 2009 running El Capitan, iPhone 6 64GB and iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G, ATV2

I'm thinking (hoping?) it will be. Surprised they're not even showing an AU price yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman View Post
    I'm thinking (hoping?) it will be. Surprised they're not even showing an AU price yet though.
    Yes that makes me suspicious. Not necessarily bad since the American price was already established at the keynote. Fingers crossed that with the price hike it will still hopefully be under $300. Maybe 249 and 299 respectively.
    iMac 27" i7, 16GB RAM Late 2009 running El Capitan, iPhone 6 64GB and iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G, ATV2

The US prices converted to $AU (assuming $US 0.72) and with GST added are about $225 and $305, so your pricing could be right. They might go $239 or even $229 on the smaller one though. If we're lucky.

Does anyone know the practical difference between the 32 and 64 GB models? What is this used for? App storage? Game playing?
    MacBook Pro 13", 64gb iPod Touch 5G

Quote Originally Posted by SteveClark View Post
    Does anyone know the practical difference between the 32 and 64 GB models? What is this used for? App storage? Game playing?
    Would be nice to know. I'm getting the 64gb regardless. I figure down the track I would regret getting the 32gb one once the devs come to grips with the hardware. So presume storage at this stage but maybe more caching?