Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default iPhone 6s Plus not rotating on home screen

Hi all,

Received my iPhone 6s Plus on Friday and very happy with the 3D Touch, 12MP camera and other new features! However, though it was working to begin with, the phone does not rotate the home screen into landscape mode with some assistance. Let me explain...

I'll be on the home screen, and then I will rotate the phone into landscape orientation. The screen doesn't change though. When I swipe on the screen though, the orientation will correct itself into landscape orientation. I'm certain that it wasn't doing this to begin with, only today or yesterday. All apps go into landscape mode flawlessly. This is only an issue on the home screen.

Just to be clear...orientation lock is OFF and I am not in ZOOMED mode.

Anyone else having the same issue? Just about to try restoring the phone to see if that fixes it.
    Check out my podcast of all things technology, MacMen
    Or if you are interested in movies and/or video games, check out
    "Lachlan & The Colonel"

This won't be helpful, but I was I had that issue. I'm not a fan of the home screen in landscape mode on the phone. Wish there was a toggle for it. If you find one let me know!
    Trades: nez, step_andy, montfort, mikinoz, decryption, malfunction99, amstrad_mac, ZirconiumZephyr, Trabb, natakim, thatfilthyspringbok, skip73, SoVeReIgN, akshunhiro, jeremy warnock, alastair, NathR32, krasivy, everunman, areal, takamine

I have found a fix! After some trial and error, I found that hitting the "Reset All Settings" option did the trick. Yes, you have to set a few things up again to be the way you like, but the rotation on home screen issue at least is fixed. I'll be paying close attention to settings I change from now on to try to pin point what went wrong in the first place.
    Check out my podcast of all things technology, MacMen
    Or if you are interested in movies and/or video games, check out
    "Lachlan & The Colonel"

Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    I have found a fix! After some trial and error, I found that hitting the "Reset All Settings" option did the trick. Yes, you have to set a few things up again to be the way you like, but the rotation on home screen issue at least is fixed. I'll be paying close attention to settings I change from now on to try to pin point what went wrong in the first place.

Must be some sort of weird iOS 9 bug that resetting all settings some how removed...
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5