Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Setting up iPhone 6s+

I would like to set up my 6s+, when it arrives, as a new phone. I have all my contacts and calendar etc. on my iPad. Once I have set up the phone, will I be able to sync all my contacts & appointments etc. between them, or will I have to set it all up again. They are all backed up to iCloud.
    Thank you for any help.

Tassiecelt Guest

Call Apple, they are very helpful, if you have problems. Otherwise its just a matter of backing up to iTunes then restoring from there to the new phone. I find this the easiest way.

Quote Originally Posted by mishmash View Post
    I would like to set up my 6s+, when it arrives, as a new phone. I have all my contacts and calendar etc. on my iPad. Once I have set up the phone, will I be able to sync all my contacts & appointments etc. between them, or will I have to set it all up again. They are all backed up to iCloud.
    Thank you for any help.
    You should be able to sign in on your new iPhone you should be able to log into iCloud on your iPhone and the contacts and calendar events should be able to sync over
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Thank you to you both, Tassiecelt & Oldmacs.