G'day all - it's been a long time since I've been on MacTalk and more than 10 years since I first registered here, but a few developers who have worked for me over the years came from the MacTalk forums so I'm hoping things haven't changed too much since then and this is still a great place to meet the local Apple community.

I'm currently working on a project called Conrod - it's a connected app platform for VW / Audi / VW Group cars. It's basically a smartphone that's permanently fitted into your car and uses the standard dash instruments as a screen. The device is up on Kickstarter at the moment with shipments due by the end of the year.

One of the apps that will ship with Conrod is the ability to remote control a connected vehicle via an Apple Watch app. You can see a brief demonstration in the YouTube video below.

Unfortunately I'm the only one in our development team who is an Apple fanboi and has an Apple Watch, so we're looking for early adopters of our Conrod technology to help with testing this app.

If you've got an Apple Watch and a post-2005 VW, Audi, Skoda or Seat, live in Australia and are interested in helping out with product testing please let me know. We'd prefer people who would like to use Conrod in the long term (i.e. sign up as a Kickstarter backer and we'll look after you as a tester), but this isn't meant to be a commercial post so that's not a prerequisite if you're interested in helping us out.

<Note to mods: I haven't been active here in recent years so if this post runs counter to any current policy please let me know.>