Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default INDESIGN CS6 INTERACTIVE PDF HELL - NEED URGENT HELP!!!!

Hi all

I need to create an interactive PDF that contains a series of check boxes and text fields.

The check boxes run over 2 vertical columns - when I export as an interactive PDF and testing - the left hand column of check boxes can be ticked individually - but on ticking the first check box in the right-hand column - ALL the subsequent check boxes become marked.

I have not cut and pasted from the sample button menu - i have dragged and dropped (exactly as I did for the left column).

Please note: these columns are not in a table.

this PDF ultimately needs to be viewed on ipads - am going loopy - and trying to avoid haveing to do the entire thing again in acrobat?!!!!

any ideas guys?

cheers
    Bex

Do the check box objects in the right hand column have the same name by any chance? Open the Buttons and Forms palette and click on the check box objects to check their names. I don't have InDesign CS6 but I used InDesign CC 2014 and it renamed each checkbox to with a different number. I went back and changed some of the numbers to "Check Box 1" and when I ticked one in the interactive PDF, it ticked all the boxes with the same name.