Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default My Apple Watch is faulty #taptgate

Hey,
    Well day one with the Apple watch was going well till the end of the day when I noticed the taptic engine wasn't providing any haptic feedback any more.
    I tired everything from fully charging the battery to a restart to a reset. Multiple re pairs and Apple support with no luck.
    I've been transferred to "Apple senior support" and an "Apple engineer"

Long story short I've got to wait for a call back if they can send me an "express" replacement as I live in a regional area.

Sighhhh posted on macrumors seems a small amount of ppl have had similar issues #taptgate

Matt
    42mm Sports Black
    Last edited by mattcooper; 25th April 2015 at 05:40 PM.
    Feedback (6)

Default My Apple Watch is faulty #taptgate

As a fanboi awaiting my order, I'm alert to these kinds of issues...can you please link to other reports of this, as I can't find anything apart from yours at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by TimboC View Post
    As a fanboi awaiting my order, I'm alert to these kinds of issues...can you please link to other reports of this, as I can't find anything apart from yours at the moment?
    I think the number affected is very small so don't stress.

But John at daring fireball was one
    "By the end of the first day, taps weren’t working at all. Apple sent me a replacement unit the next day, and it was like an altogether different experience. Without the Taptic Engine, Apple Watch is not a compelling device."

https://daringfireball.net/2015/04/the_apple_watch

And there is a few threads on macrumors with similar issues and some ppl getting replacements at store... Wish I had a near by store.
    Feedback (6)

Feedback (6)