Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Bluetooth Headphones to use with Apple Watch

So I'm thinking ahead here.

At this stage I'm considering purchasing an Apple Watch to use when jogging, which will also mean that I'll need a descent set of bluetooth headphones to listen to my music playlist.

Has anyone used a pair that they would recommend?

MODS: Feel free to move this if it's not in the right forum.
    --------------------
    macbook pro, mirror door g4, ipod shuffle, ipod 5g
    passion: music

I was thinking exactly the same thing James. I actually bought a pair of Jaybird Bluebuds from the Apple Store last weekend. I have to say I love them. The sound is really good. I've only used them at the gym so far. My biggest concern was whether they'd stay in my ears. They're not too bad considering sweating and all. So far I'm pretty happy with them. They're a little pricey though at $199.

Lane Cove North, New South Wales, Australia

I have some Plantronics ones that come with a charging case, i.e. you plug the buds into the case via micro USB and then charge the case. I think they cost around $130.00. You can also get the buds without the case for $99.00. The charge in the case lasts for quite a while - I use the buds for about 3.5 hours per week. The only issue that I have had is you cannot get replacement covers - that is the rubber part that goes in your ear, however I have found the Sennheiser ones fit on the buds, you can get them from JB.

Great feedback, thanks.

I've read good things about the bluebuds. Will have to pop into an Apple Store. Can one try out the various options?
    --------------------

I have settled on the Plantronics BackBeats, which sit a little more firmly than the Bluebuds (which I've also purchased, and now sit, unused...sigh!)

One of the problems is that you can't try earbuds anywhere that I'm aware, and the fit depends on your ear canal size, so needs a little testing with the various bud sizes provided. Also, I've decided I don't like a bud that completely fill my ear canal, isolating me from outside noise, but also amplifying bone noise when moving. A looser fit bud, provided it doesn't constantly fall out, seems to work best for me when exercising.

Had a visit to the Apple Store at Chadstone today. They had a little box with 5 or 6 different bud headphones to try out. I tried out the beats and the bluebuds. Beats had more body and bass, bluebuds more transparent and hifi. Undecided which one will be better for running. Service though was excellent. Being able to try them was really great.
    Last edited by james the 2nd; 20th March 2015 at 03:02 PM.
    --------------------

I was thinking about this topic too. I found a few reviews (this one was quite good) Wireless Earbuds Review 2015 | Best Cordless Earbuds | Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds - TopTenREVIEWS

Mixing affordability and quality I was leaning towards the Jaybird bluebuds. You can pick them up for around $160 online.
    iPhone 6 128GB Space Grey, iPad Air 2 -128GB Space Grey, 11" Macbook Air, 27" Core i5 iMac, Mac Mini, Airport Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by james the 2nd View Post
    Had a visit to the Apple Store at Chadstone today. They had a little box with 5 or 6 different bud headphones to try out. I tried out the beats and the bluebuds. Beats had more body and bass, bluebuds more transparent and hifi. Undecided which one will be better for running. Service though was excellent. Being able to try them was really great.
    I just saw this on 9-to-5, which is a great idea...would have saved me quite a few $s
    http://9to5mac.com/2015/03/20/this-i...y-on-demo-kit/