Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,616

    Default

    Even the refurb appleTV has gone up from yesterday's $79, to $89 today.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    Not only that, if you check the refurb store, you'll find that items which cost $x yesterday, now cost $x+ today. I don't see how something which was already imported, already been someplace else, and come back to Apple for a refurb and has probably been sitting in the warehouse, suddenly gains in value overnight. THAT is a rort. The prices of the new stuff doesn't surprise me. When the Exchange rate favours the USD we *always* get a bump in price. Even for old tech, if its a new item.

    Alas, I think my next laptop will be a Windows machine.
    Apple get go get stuffed. They pay next to no corporate Tax here. Until they do that, they have no right to jack prices up.

    I can't get over $1549 for a 2012 machine...

    I can hardly see sales going up as a result of this. Apple Greed up front.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Are you kidding me!!! Apple has increased the cost of EVERY MACBOOK

    The Non Retina Macbook Pro is now $1549 and its still the 2012 model!
    Bought a spanky new 15" MBP Retina 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD last Wednesday for $3,749 - it's now $4,479.... price increase of $770 - like WOW

    Good timing on my part

    EDIT: actually the list price was $3,849 but the Fountain Gate Apple Store gave me $100 off so price rise is actually $670 - still hefty for the exact same machine
    Last edited by GeoffP; 10th March 2015 at 06:28 AM.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia.
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    I've gotten into the habbit of saying this, but besides the Apple Watch, the whole experience is lame...
    I'd argue even the Apple Watch is lame. Only 18 hours max battery life? Not even a full day? I'd expect 3 days minimum from a watch. Enough to last a full weekend. At 18 hours, less if you actually use it, this isn't enough to last a full day + night out away from a charger. Phones are already bad enough with Apple choosing to make them thinner rather than last longer. If I'm going out I always bring a battery pack already, and I have chargers permanently everywhere I spend long periods of time (home, car, work, and even at my partner's place). With this I'd also need watch charge cable at all times either on me or at all locations or both.

    Prior to the original iPhone many companies had tried and failed smartphones 'cause the tech wasn't quite there yet to make them powerful enough, good enough screen, while also able to last long enough. Apple brought out the iPhone just as that tech matured enough for smartphones and captured the market.

    The Apple Watch has jumped the gun. To get the system powerful enough you still have to drain the battery too fast. The tech for watches isn't quite there yet. Sports & health monitoring it's _just_ there, but not for smart watches. Underwhelming.

    My gripes with it are speaker for taking calls. No. Just, no. It's bad enough arseholes on train listening to music on their phone speakers or taking handsfree calls, now they're going to be doing on their watches even more because they can and the speaker is there specifically for it. Arseholes in public are just going to increase in numbers with this. Seriously, Apple?

    As for the Apple Watch Gold Edition ... people already give Apple users enough of a hard time about paying a premium for status symbol devices (even if we, like me, buy Apple because it's our preferred interface). Now they bring out a $10,000 purely-status-symbol device? Seriously, Apple?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    New Macbook is miniaturised beyond the point of usefulness. Less battery than the Air, no ports, no magsafe, underpowered, expensive. Sounds like they dug up their plans for the original Macbook Air and went with them.
    My longstanding gripe with apple has always been lack of expansion ports, but going down to one that is also used for charging and not being able to use it for expansion at the same time, that's just taking the piss.

    It's still a bit premature for them to be dropping the USB 2/3 ports imho, but then again Apple have always dropped things at times that I thought was premature and it ended up being the step needed to bring in the new tech accross the range, including for Windows/Linux systems so I'm leaning towards this being another case of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    The name Macbook: Makes no sense. Nw you've got the Macbook - which people associate with the low end, as more expensive than the macbook Pro and Air. Yet it is lighter and thinner than the air.
    I'm seeing this as the new MacBook Air, they're just dropping "air" from the name for the new ones. That's where it seems to fit in for me. I'm glad I bought my MacBook Air 12 months ago to be honest, and didn't get stuck with this. I kinda need the two USB ports at a minimum and the SDCard reader.

    I'm expecting a new MacBook Pro to follow in 13" and 15" sizes, more powerful CPU, with the new USB port (maybe two) + SDCard + maybe one standard USB.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Also Australia didn't get the cheap Apple TV price..
    This surprised me. Yay Australia tax!

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    6,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
    Bought a spanky new 15" MBP Retina 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD last Wednesday for $3,749 - it's now $4,479.... price increase of $770 - like WOW

    Good timing on my part

    EDIT: actually the list price was $3,849 but the Fountain Gate Apple Store gave me $100 off so price rise is actually $670 - still hefty for the exact same machine
    Crazy. My wife picked up a 13" Retina with 1TB SSD for $3000 in December. It is now about $3900. We were expecting price rises to occur with the falling dollar so it isn't a huge surprise.

    I have also noticed this $120 dick move to actually make your overly priced Macbook toy useful. $120 to be able to plug in a charger and a USB stick. Ridiculous. A lot of the rumour sites were saying that we were going to see a "NEW" Apple today. I don't really like where this "NEW" Apple is heading. USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple Store (Australia)
    Last edited by leon; 10th March 2015 at 07:34 AM.
    Something about Jimby.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Apple can make a useless Macbook, as long as it doesn't start applying those ideas to the rest of its laptop line...

    Makes me love the ports on the cMPB even more... 2X USB 3, 1 Thunderbolt, Firewire 800, Ethernet, MagSafe, SD card reader and headphone port.

    This move has really further killed my faith in Apple. Form over function to the max here. And $120 for a adaptor that only gives you HDMI and 1 USB WTF ?? What about Thunderbolt , SD Card, Ethernet etc..... (Oh silly Me, Apple knows best, and ports are useless these days)

    And welcome back to iBook world, of tripping over your charger and bringing your laptop with it.... I can't believe its not magsafe.
    Last edited by Oldmacs; 10th March 2015 at 07:39 AM.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia ;)
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    It's a very interesting release, I had in my mind it was Tuesday US time making it Wednesday for us so was surprised this morning :P


    Pricing was someone what inevitable with the falling Aussie dollar, it hurts and it sucks, but it is what it is. Convert USD to AUD then add 10% GST then compare. The one thing I quickly looked at (15" rMBP 8GB/256GB) came up on par. They hedge and lock pricing in until the next release so remember that that is unlikely to change anytime soon regardless of if the dollar goes up or down (although I'd wager if it went down enough they would raise pricing).


    The new MacBook is an interesting beast. The ATP boys were discussing the rumoured machine (which was bang on) an I'm going to echo some of their comments.
    The lack of ports is one of those forward looking steps that Apple have made in the past like the removal of the floppy drive or optical disk, although it's gone one step too far by integrating the power into the one and only port.
    This machine is targeted at the person who is on the run, wants to have something as small and light as possible and keeps all their stuff in the cloud. The single port is far less of an issue for them. They should have at least shipped a USB-C to USB adaptor in the box since no one actually has anything USB-C based just yet.
    The potential for a nice docking station is right there, a single USB-C that provides multiple "standard" USB connectors, 2 x display port (or better yet HDMI/DVI) along side ethernet and audio in/out... although I'm guessing since this isn't currently available for the current thunderbolt connectors it's not something I would hold my breath for. A nice alternative would have been to integrate one or two USB ports into the charger (even if they were USB-C), in this way you could charge your iPhone and computer at the same time, something I'm sure a road warrior would appreciate (since they now can't charge their phone off the computer while it charges without an extra adaptor). Bonus points if it also acts as a hub making those ports all the more useful. I can't imaging that would add too much to the cost or complexity of the charger. It would also make sense in a world where they start shipping the new iPhone with a USB-C charger instead of the current USB plug!! (Which will be an interesting question come the release of the new phone later this year... will it be lightning to USB-C?). Arguably this machine is intended to be a secondary machine rather than your primary (and only) workhorse.


    One other comment I will make about the, now old, MacBook Air was that even though it had two USB ports, the moment you plugged in power or a thunderbolt connector you all but lost access to the USB ports anyway unless your plug or device was super slim. This was a serious issue if you were running the thing in clamshell mode on an external display since you required both thunderbolt AND power to be connected for it to work so you couldn't just yank one of the connectors to grab something off a memory stick A short USB male female extension or USB hub solved that problem.


    And onto the watch.


    We all expected $500+ for the base and knew the Gold one was going to be stupid expensive. It's that middle tier that gets me. $800 for the stainless steel I can almost understand, although $300 for some stainless steel seems excessive in materials/tooling costs over the cheaper sport model. The jump to over $1,600 for the black one though really gets me. How do they justify that one?!? When it comes to gold I'm going to naively assume that it's all about the cost of Gold but given there is no way that anyone I know, let alone me, could afford to drop that sort of cash on a watch it barely matters :P


    I'm approaching the watch as a consumable item, something likely to be outdated in 12 - 24 months when the next gen unit comes out better in every way. Does Apple expect that things won't change and that you will keep your watch through multiple phones? Unlike a phone it's not like these things are subsidised and/or on a 24 month plan like a phone... although I suppose if you get a phone and a watch you can be edging up to $3k pretty easily making finance an option for people.


    Craziness all around, it will be interesting to see how well the watch sells (and if it's 99% in the "Sport" range or not).
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

  8. #28

    Default

    Work only ordered me a new 11" Air last week and while I think the new Macbooks are porn I couldn't justify spending that much on one.
    People reckon I'm too patronising (That means I treat them as if they're stupid)

    Macbook Air 11", Mac Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV 3rd Generation.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    It's a very interesting release, I had in my mind it was Tuesday US time making it Wednesday for us so was surprised this morning :P


    Pricing was someone what inevitable with the falling Aussie dollar, it hurts and it sucks, but it is what it is. Convert USD to AUD then add 10% GST then compare. The one thing I quickly looked at (15" rMBP 8GB/256GB) came up on par. They hedge and lock pricing in until the next release so remember that that is unlikely to change anytime soon regardless of if the dollar goes up or down (although I'd wager if it went down enough they would raise pricing).


    The new MacBook is an interesting beast. The ATP boys were discussing the rumoured machine (which was bang on) an I'm going to echo some of their comments.
    The lack of ports is one of those forward looking steps that Apple have made in the past like the removal of the floppy drive or optical disk, although it's gone one step too far by integrating the power into the one and only port.
    This machine is targeted at the person who is on the run, wants to have something as small and light as possible and keeps all their stuff in the cloud. The single port is far less of an issue for them. They should have at least shipped a USB-C to USB adaptor in the box since no one actually has anything USB-C based just yet.
    The potential for a nice docking station is right there, a single USB-C that provides multiple "standard" USB connectors, 2 x display port (or better yet HDMI/DVI) along side ethernet and audio in/out... although I'm guessing since this isn't currently available for the current thunderbolt connectors it's not something I would hold my breath for. A nice alternative would have been to integrate one or two USB ports into the charger (even if they were USB-C), in this way you could charge your iPhone and computer at the same time, something I'm sure a road warrior would appreciate (since they now can't charge their phone off the computer while it charges without an extra adaptor). Bonus points if it also acts as a hub making those ports all the more useful. I can't imaging that would add too much to the cost or complexity of the charger. It would also make sense in a world where they start shipping the new iPhone with a USB-C charger instead of the current USB plug!! (Which will be an interesting question come the release of the new phone later this year... will it be lightning to USB-C?). Arguably this machine is intended to be a secondary machine rather than your primary (and only) workhorse.


    One other comment I will make about the, now old, MacBook Air was that even though it had two USB ports, the moment you plugged in power or a thunderbolt connector you all but lost access to the USB ports anyway unless your plug or device was super slim. This was a serious issue if you were running the thing in clamshell mode on an external display since you required both thunderbolt AND power to be connected for it to work so you couldn't just yank one of the connectors to grab something off a memory stick A short USB male female extension or USB hub solved that problem.


    And onto the watch.


    We all expected $500+ for the base and knew the Gold one was going to be stupid expensive. It's that middle tier that gets me. $800 for the stainless steel I can almost understand, although $300 for some stainless steel seems excessive in materials/tooling costs over the cheaper sport model. The jump to over $1,600 for the black one though really gets me. How do they justify that one?!? When it comes to gold I'm going to naively assume that it's all about the cost of Gold but given there is no way that anyone I know, let alone me, could afford to drop that sort of cash on a watch it barely matters :P


    I'm approaching the watch as a consumable item, something likely to be outdated in 12 - 24 months when the next gen unit comes out better in every way. Does Apple expect that things won't change and that you will keep your watch through multiple phones? Unlike a phone it's not like these things are subsidised and/or on a 24 month plan like a phone... although I suppose if you get a phone and a watch you can be edging up to $3k pretty easily making finance an option for people.


    Craziness all around, it will be interesting to see how well the watch sells (and if it's 99% in the "Sport" range or not).
    There is nothing forward thinking about removing ports on this Macbook - its one of those forced Apple things that goes to make every single thing harder. It does not improve anything at all (Except maybe thinness which is a bit overrated).

    Removing ports is one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Removing the floppy drive had a purpose, floppies were hugely outdated at that point. USB and Thunderbolt are not.

    Removing the magsafe port is one of the other worst ideas ever. I truly hope they don't abandon lightning... There are still so many people on 30pin connectors. My household is a disaster of lightning and 30 pin and adaptors etc.

    The naming they've used is really annoying me - Why is it called the Macbook? The Macbook was meant to be the baseline laptop.

    IMHO the range should have been: Macbook (Old Air), Macbook Air (The new retina macbook), Macbook Pro and Macbook Pro Retina.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    259

    Default

    On the bright side, at least I can rest easy now with my recent discount MacBook Air purchase.
    iMac i5 retina 24GB, Macbook Air i7, iPad Air 2 128GB, iPad Air 2 64GB, iPhone 6s and lots of old stuff.

  11. #31

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia ;)
    Posts
    3,182

    Default

    Forced forward thinking... I agree it's totally unnecessary and seems to be all about the thinness with utter disregard for practicality or usability let alone the lack of any of the "legacy" (or should I say not so legacy) ports.

    When it comes to TV's and even the iMac, why so thin? While it might look cool you're making compromises with no real benefits to the end user. You sit in front of it so don't see the depth and it's not like it takes up any less desktop real estate for the computer or wall space when it comes to a TV. In fact if it sits on a stand the stand makes you waste just as much space anyway so why make it thin and compromise on anything?
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

  12. #32

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hobart, Tasmania
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    As someone desperately writing a script for stage in every available moment I have (to a deadline) this MacBook looks god damn terrific. The Retina 13" MacBook Pro isn't heavy. But...it's heavy. A 12" Retina laptop that's basically a word processing, travelling machine? Looks god damn perfect to me. This is a computer that has a specific aim. All I'm seeing in this thread are the exact same whiney posts about the MacBook Air from a few years back, and now the MacBook Air is gold standard.

    Anyone complaining about the watch should think about luxury watches. Why buy an expensive Rolex? It's a status symbol. A solid gold watch you need to upgrade every two years? That certainly makes a statement about your effluence. You can complain that it's out of your price range but what luxury watch isn't? Even a stainless steel Rolex is like ten grand plus. You can't begrudge the wealthy for wanting to spend their money on ludicrous valuables because we all have the want and desire to keep up with the status quo with whatever our peers have. That's life.
    If it is hidden, it is the flower - Zeami, Noh playwright

  13. #33

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Castlemaine area.
    Posts
    3,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhum_Eramak View Post
    All I'm seeing in this thread are the exact same whiney posts about the MacBook Air from a few years back, and now the MacBook Air is gold standard.
    There were whiney posts about the original MacBook Air a few years back *it's too expensive, it hasn't got enough ports, it hasn't got enough storage* but I was one of the few supporters and I actually put my my money down and bought a gen 1 MacBook Air, since then I've bought 2 later versions all of which I've been happy with.

    However 1 port when it's also the power port is a port too few, that means I can't go to my motel room and plug in my 4G dongle and leave it attached to the laptop (because the laptop will go flat without the power brick attached) and I can't unplug my 4G dongle and plug in my camera (without the laptop going flat during the time I'm doing that because the power brick is no longer plugged in) etc etc etc.

    Look I wouldn't have minded if they'd miniturized the power connector and added a single USB C micro USB port (I can carry an adaptor) but not being able to charge the laptop at the SAME TIME as I'm using it is a deal breaker for me because otherwise it'll be flat next day when I'm out and about and no longer in the hotel room
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

  14. #34

    Default

    I've been trialling a Pebble for the past year, and for what I need it for (call management, sms message reading and calendar appt notification) it has worked well. Just looked odd and cheap. Backed the Kickstarter for the Pebble time steel, costs me $300 landed with a metal strap and a leather one. Plus the ability for the smart straps in the future. 10 days battery life. Was hoping Apple didn't do something completely more expensive than what was needed for the majority of people....they did. The wifi is the one thing I thought was smart.
    Successful trade with: Clockwork.....(and what a trade!)

  15. #35

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhum_Eramak View Post
    As someone desperately writing a script for stage in every available moment I have (to a deadline) this MacBook looks god damn terrific. The Retina 13" MacBook Pro isn't heavy. But...it's heavy. A 12" Retina laptop that's basically a word processing, travelling machine? Looks god damn perfect to me. This is a computer that has a specific aim. All I'm seeing in this thread are the exact same whiney posts about the MacBook Air from a few years back, and now the MacBook Air is gold standard.

    Anyone complaining about the watch should think about luxury watches. Why buy an expensive Rolex? It's a status symbol. A solid gold watch you need to upgrade every two years? That certainly makes a statement about your effluence. You can complain that it's out of your price range but what luxury watch isn't? Even a stainless steel Rolex is like ten grand plus. You can't begrudge the wealthy for wanting to spend their money on ludicrous valuables because we all have the want and desire to keep up with the status quo with whatever our peers have. That's life.
    Thats because Apple has gone back and made similar mistakes as they did with the original Air - Underpowered, lack of ports etc. They've removed MagSafe which is one of the best Macbook features out there.

    The Macbook Air is only the gold standard as apple revised it heavily in 2010, adding more ports and more power. I'm not opposed to the Macbook as an individual product, but I won't be happy if the Macbook Pro has the same port-less treatment.

    Actually, if Apple actually updates the cMPB, they can go ahead and do what ever port removal they want on the Air and the Retina Pro. Then legacy folk like me have a machine and anyone else can use the portals machines...
    Last edited by Oldmacs; 10th March 2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

  16. #36

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Watch=under whelmed. Over priced. Why should I have to upgrade (replace) my 4s to use it?
    MacBook=wrong, wrong, wrong - and I can only say that because I'm use a word multiplexer in the SINGLE!!!! port.
    AppleTV=so so, but no $AU saving.

  17. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmulhern View Post
    Watch=under whelmed. Over priced. Why should I have to upgrade (replace) my 4s to use it?
    MacBook=wrong, wrong, wrong - and I can only say that because I'm use a word multiplexer in the SINGLE!!!! port.
    AppleTV=so so, but no $AU saving.
    The $AUD109 for the AppleTV is about right considering the exchange rate and GST. $USD69 is $AUD90.86 on this mornings rates - so $100 with GST. The $USD99 worked out to be $AUD130 preGST and then $AUD144 with GST - I don't recall the AppleTV being $AUD149 prior to the announcement. So the $USD30 reduction just kept pace with the currency.

    Also not happy about the 4S being left out - but I was going to upgrade this year anyway.
    Great Boo: Macbook Air 13" Basil the Rat: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo + 2 x TwinHan Alpha tuners + eyeTV, Cogent Paradigm: 20" iMac Core Duo, iPad 2 32GB, iPhone 4S 32 GB
    My Money Minder - Personal finance made easy!
    | My Blog: benb :))

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    5,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff3DMN View Post
    However 1 port when it's also the power port is a port too few, that means I can't go to my motel room and plug in my 4G dongle and leave it attached to the laptop (because the laptop will go flat without the power brick attached) and I can't unplug my 4G dongle and plug in my camera (without the laptop going flat during the time I'm doing that because the power brick is no longer plugged in) etc etc etc.(
    That's because you're expected to use the hotel wifi (which will be either underpowered or not free and very expensive or both) or a wifi router (which is the choice I made, years ago, instead of dongles) and you are also now supposed to upgrade your camera to wifi/eyefi so you dont have to plug it in anywhere. One port isnt enough, I agree, but there are ways around it if you really want *that* laptop. I don't. I did... 12" is the sweet spot for me.. but I cant afford the new prices. Simple. ex-lease old Macbook for me. If I ever get round to pulling the trigger.

    Quote Originally Posted by benb View Post
    ...I don't recall the AppleTV being $AUD149 prior to the announcement.
    It was $99 (or $109). and $79 as a refurb. I know this because I was considering buying until I found it on teh Flybuys rewards section for 24k points or so.
    Last edited by kyte; 12th March 2015 at 10:37 AM.

  19. #39

    Default

    Officeworks was advertising them yesterday for $98
    People reckon I'm too patronising (That means I treat them as if they're stupid)

    Macbook Air 11", Mac Mini, iPhone 5, Apple TV 3rd Generation.

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Castlemaine area.
    Posts
    3,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    there are ways around it if you really want *that* laptop. I don't. 12" is the sweet spot for me.
    The 11" MacBook Air is a bit too small and the 13" MacBook Air is a bit large (and lacks a retina screen), at the moment I use either my MacBook Pro 13" (which has the correct specs but is annoyingly large and heavy) or the other halfs MacBook Air 11" (which is lacking in screen resolution), I hardly use my 13" MacBook Air at all (and that's the one I'd get rid of).

    I really really want a 12" OSX laptop with a retina screen in a light weight format but the design choices Apple have made are limiting.

    I'm going to put off updating (probably until an update version of the 12" comes out) and avoid making a decision
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •